Thread: Ive increased dose from 30mg to 40 mg a week ago

Ive increased dose from 30mg to 40 mg a week ago

Hi there

I've increased my dose frm 30 mg to 40 mg about a week ago as I still felt there was an edge to my anxiety/depression. I went to doctor Monday and as I was starting to feel normal and she said to stay on for about six months. Come the afternoon I've been terrible. Crying and tired all the time. Feels like when I first started the tablets. Is this normal? If so, how long does this last. I'm getting so fed up. I have two lovely children and am a childminder and I've been like this for three months now and am so fed up with my life like this. I just want to enjoy it with children. I go out lots and try to keep busy but when home I just cry and get anxious being on my own. I've tried counselling and was feeling better when on tablets but now increased I feel CRAP.

Help

Jo
    Last edited by Joannatm; 12-01-12 at 11:16. Reason: citalopram

Re: Ive increased dose from 30mg to 40 mg a week ago

Hi i increased from 30 to 40mg 2 weeks and i got side effects from the increase which were like you increased anxiety, tearfull, restless, there starting to calm now and slowly ease off xx

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I feel terrible today can't stop crying and cant be bothere to do anything. Will these tablets ever start to kick in. 3 months is a long time and I'm gutted as was feeling 90% great last week and thought they kicked in straight away and then bang after seeing doctor I feel awful. Spaced out and can't be bothered to do ANYTHING. Not good when you're a childminder and parent either!!!!

I know exactly how you feel, just give it a bit longer, it can take 4 weeks for the dose to stabilise in your system but you should start feeling better the next few days, theres a couple of us that have upped recently, theres a big thread on it called 'should i swap' have a read it might help you xx

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=106874 heres the link xx

Thanks so much. It's nice to know there's others out there.

How long you been on your tablets? I was on prozac last year came off too quickly, got flu and since last March been struggling to do it on my own but got worse. I then started cit end of October and they have been increasing it slowly. Felt ok at Christmas time but had a wobble new year (PMT too) and increased my dose.

Jo x

Ive been on them since sept, i started off on 10mg and gradually worked my way up, i was at absolute rock bottom when i went on them tho with severe anxiety and panic attacks, ive got a review next wed and i might be swapped if this 40mg isn't working.....but i am feeling better this past week so im praying im on the way up now, this is my second time on cit, i came off them in june this year too quickly without tapering properly cause i felt fab.........well i can tell you i won't be doing that again cause i just crashed and burned in august , my anxiety is always worse when im due on too xx

Hi guys

I have now been transferred to Sertaline 50mg and come off Citrolpram as they do not think working. I've been on it for 4 days and am now getting very anxious and tearful. A bit gutting as the last week or so I've been feeling okish. I am on 5 heavy day of PMT so think it's both. What do you think? Any advice? Just wish something would work as have terrible thoughts when like this of not wanting to be home or with my boys and wanting to work. But when feeling great enjoy childminding etc etc. Nightmare

Jo

Hi there! I was at the doc's today and he has upped my cit from 20 mgs to 40. He advised a week at 30 and then onto 40. I'm being cautious and upping it 5mgs at a time. I too have terrible pmt during which my anx sky rockets, infact I was telling the doc I feel like that the majority of the time. My periods are all over the place though and have been since way back last year before I had my crash. I have also be prescribed some sort of synthetic progesterone to get them back into sync along with my usual 5 mgs of diazepam. I'm hoping this increase is going to do the trick so I can get out and about again without having panic attacks ( was never like this before) Thankfully too, I also have a support worker to 'hold my hand' when i'm going out and the doc also suggested getting me a CPN. I'm getting the full works lol I have also just recently started doing Emotional Field Therapy ( that's the tapping thing) and no I don't so it in public hehe And as soon as I'm a bit more stabilised I'll be going back to see the psychologist for another round of CBT All this after 3 months on cit but then I always knew it was a trial and error process to find not only the right drug therapy but the right dose for me. The side effects are an absolute bummer to put it ever so mildly and I am dreading anything being heightened again by this increase. At the end of the day I guess you just have to try EVERYTHING you can not just the drugs. And at least we all know we are far from alone in experiencing this. Oh! if it helps when I first started taking the cit I also started sewing little crafty items. I had never sewn before in my life. Definitely think it should be listed as a side effect LOL But it does really help with refocusing your mind and attention onto something else when the anx is quite bad. Take care. Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Bless ya sounds like you're going through the same thing. Do you know the reason why you went this way? Mine was having baby number two and also not going back to old work I think as that was fully time. They have changed me to 50 mg of sertaline now and was feeling slightly bettern the last week but today after no sleep due to my little man ill (2 year old) and up all night I'm shattered and feeling anxious and tearful again and negative thoughts. Here we go again!!!! x

Thread Information