Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Caffeine

Anxiety & Caffeine

I have recently found that by eliminating all caffeine from my diet my anxiety has dramatically reduced, replacing my usual tea and coffee for decaffinated versions. I have also found that food intolerences can affect how I am feeling and my general well being. Also vitamin B complex have helped me feel more calm, or if you don't like taking a tablet try marmite.

Re: Anxiety & Caffeine

Interesting theory about the caffeine, one which I am trying myself at the moment. I love my coffee so it's hard. I've heard some bad things about decaffeinated coffee which puts me off it but not sure it's based on hard fact.
    Had just one cup of coffee today as opposed to 5 or 6 + that i normally have. Still had a very stressful day although it did involve a hospital visit and driving around Birmingham in the rush hour!
    It can't be good for me can it all that caffeine.
    Like you I am also taking the vitamins and magnesium and hope it will last longer than January or February time.

In reply to your post robinbrum, I also love coffee and have heard about the decaffinating process which puts me off too but I only drink a couple of decaf coffee per day, and think in moderation I will chance it.
    Caffeine is a chemical stimulant and isn't good for the heart, can't believe how much better I feel since I stopped having it, but for anyone who is used to having caffeine daily, be aware that you might experience headaches for a few days until it's completely out of your system, as it's your body's reaction to the withdrawal.

ah, coffee...if I have one of those delicious cappuchinos i go entirely wired out and get bulging eyes for about an hour afterwards! I just don't have them anymore.
    Lemon balm tea is amazing, feels like a mild sedative, liken to diazepam!
    But must admit i rarely drink anything but ordinary tea and the odd bit of juice...
    I agree, caffeine free lifestyle would be the best thing to do but so hard to do!
    just going to put the kettle on...

I hadn't had a cup of coffee for about a month until last night. Now I've woken up after only a few hours sleep possibly because of it.

What is it about the decaffeinating process that has worried folks?

Caffeine isn't only in coffee, it's in tea too, and other drinks, it can also be added to some medicines. With decaffeination, there are various processes and some involve using chemicals that are not healthy. But there is also another method that is done with water.
    I've just read that decaffeination doesn't remove all caffeine from tea/coffee, so are not 100% caffeine free :/

I drink alot of water now..but have tea in daytime, just not in evenings. I take jarrows b-right vitamin supplement, which have made me calm and mood uplifted too.

can anyone recommend any natural meds/remedies that work for panic and axiety?

Thumbs up Re: Anxiety & Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by flo24 View Post
    can anyone recommend any natural meds/remedies that work for panic and axiety?
    hi, like i said, Jarrows B-right work on the panic/anx for me.

ok thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information