Thread: increasingly getting worse - being sick

increasingly getting worse - being sick

my PA's started on christmas day and now are at a stage where instead of them just occuring during the night, they are happening in the day too.. I came home from work just now as I threw up in the car.. ( not a pretty sight )
    my stomach is in agony, my head is always tense and painful to touch. I have back ache etc etc..

waste of time putting makeup on as hot sweats get rid of it within minutes [V]

Have first CBT appt on 4th July, doc gave me sleeping tabs to see if they could help me get a full nights sleep but the PA's still cut through them so I am not taking them.

He did suggest valium but that scares me.. :S as I need to be alert for my job..

I have made an appt to see him this afternoon as this is really impacting on my work and life now..

any other suggestions please?

or has anyone had tried valium?

Already on prozac since getting a second breast cancer diagnosis 2 years ago.

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters
    by Portia Nelson

I. I walk down the street.

There's a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I fall in.
    I am lost.....I am helpless;
    it isn't my fault.
    It takes forever to find a way out.

II. I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I pretend I don't see it.
    I fall in again.
    I can't believe I am in the same place;
    but it isn't my fault.
    It still takes a long time to get out.

III. I walk down the same street.
    I see it is there.
    I still fall in....it's a habit.
    My eyes are open.
    I know where I am.
    It is my fault.
    I get out immediately.

IV. I walk down the same street.
    I walk around it.

V. I walk down a different street.

Hi Gina, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad with panic. I have just started having panic attacks again about a month ago. I took diazepam/valium and it did help, the usual dose is 2mg three times a day but i didn't take that much, i had one in the morning when I felt bad and if i needed it anothr later. i also took herbal Kalms and herbal remedies to try and help. i have stopped diazepam now, just on the herbal ones. The diazepam made me a bit tired but didn't knock me out! I was still able to drive etc. they don't always knock you out and they can help short term. Hope it goes Ok today let me know how you are getting on.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Tell me about it. I had them about 5 years ago. They were caused by CANDIDA. That is an overgrowth of yeast in your gut - which doesn't allow the nutrients from food to enter into the bloodstream and brain - thus the attacks. There are many suggestions on the web as to how to stop them. I took CAPRYLIC ACID from the health food store and they stopped within two days! That was great! However, you need to stay away from sugar (which feeds the yeast), anti-biotics (which destroys the good bacteria which controls the yeast growth), and drink about 10 glasses of water a day, also take natural supplements from the health food store which kill the yeast. I took me about 2 years before I began feeling like a human again. Hope the best.

Joeyb

Gina

Can you identify any fears or worries that may have sparked off these panics which may have just fed themselves and spiralled.

Until you start CBT take a multi faceted approach and look at life style as well as what thoughts are leading to this.

I assume that you have had regular medical reviews and are not on any meds that may be feeding into this. If you have had chemo, a detox maybe well worthwhile as Joey says as candida might just be an issue as you are experiencing panics randomly and are having additional symptoms. It's worth a few weeks on a GI diet cutting out all simple sugars as a first take to see if it makes a difference.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Thread Information