Thread: Really struggling

Really struggling

Hi guys, well I'm not doing too well at the moment. I'm still on Cit 20mg but the effects seem to be wearing off. I'm having the attacks and high anxiety again, maybe 1/2 a week. All of my previous motivation, ambition and passion has gone and it's got to the stage where I don't know where to go. I'm worried for my future, I feel I have so much to live for but this is all blocking my route.

Re: Really struggling

Hi scotty, it can be so hard to find the right dose of cit, the dose that makes you feel better and can be so frustrating.

maybe you should speak to your gp about perhaps increasing your dose, as 20mg is quite a low dose, i bet you feel you are never going to get there......but you will, it takes time and getting the dose right, but wou WILL get there.

I was the same as you i thought it would never work for me,but it has, i feel a lot better, and you will too.

Don't continue to suffer, get some help, i wish you well xx

how long have you been on cit?

Thanks pinkdove, maybe I should ask if I can try 30mg and see how that goes. I just don't want to be on Cit forever, I want to be able to function without someday.

Theharvestmouse, it's been around 13-14 weeks now.

Ok, as pinkdove suggested you should go and see your GP and tell them that its wearing off. I think I've read about other people who said that it can happen. How is your day to day life, do you work or are you in education?

I know it can be hard when you have a bad day to see any light at the end of the tunnel but try to not get too down and try to focus on what you can do to try to improve.

I work in the week and I'm usually out doing something on a weekend, I just don't enjoy anything like I used to - things that used to excite me so much don't anymore.

I will try to improve, I need to as I have to achieve my dreams.

Hi 20mg of cit is only a maintenance dose so prehaps you would benefit from a slightly higher dose, id go and have a chat with your doctor and see what they say, 20mg didn't do alot for me infact its only since ive been on 40mg ive seen a huge difference, maybe you could try 30mg, its all trial and error getting your dose right but you will get there, good luck xx

Thanks Nicola, good luck to you too. xx

Keep in mind too, that for the few few weeks to months there can be lots of ups and downs. I'm on cipralex - similar med - and during the first few months I had times that I thought the meds had stopped working. I'd feel great for a couple of weeks and then "bam" a week or more of the churning anxiety that is so familiar. I'm on my 5th month and still have moments that feel like setbacks but they always pass. My doc says this is very common while adjusting to the meds and throughout therapy during stressful times.

Hopefully this is just a short-term setback like what I've just described, and you'll be feeling better again in no time! Just know that lots of us have been through it.

Hi hun 20 is a very low dose, my doc advised me to go up to 30 then 40, he also said my life is like a soap opera and I would not need them when I retire !

Thread Information