Thread: counsellors, therapists and fees...

counsellors, therapists and fees...

Hi,
    This isn't strictly just about hypnotherapy, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. Yesterday I rang my local MIND office, as I remember having a list of counsellors/therapists from them a few years ago.

The booklet came this morning. It is called The Pink List" and it comes from a branch of MIND called "Women in MIND", which deals with women's mental health issues. I have only had a quick look through but so far it looks like it might be a useful source of info for people looking for a therapist in their area and wondering about the cost.

Each person listed has to give an explanation of the type of therapy they offer and details of their qualifications, training & experience. Also their working hours and fees are listed and the type of clients they see (e.g families, children etc.) They also each had to provide two referees who could comment on their training and experience.

As cost is an issue for a lot of us, I thought it especially useful that they also specify which therapists will lower their rate or even see people for free for those on low incomes. The normal hourly rate in my list seems to be between £25-35 from what I've seen so far.

Although the list is produced by "Women in MIND", the actual therapists listed are not just for women, (although in my book there is only one male counsellor listed). I'm not sure yet if there are any hypnotherapists in the list, but I notice that a lot do practise more than one type of therapy. There is also a page at the back of people who offer alternative therapies.

When I rang MIND to ask about the booklet and mentioned hypnotherapists, the lady on the phone said that a good place to start is the British Hypnotherapy Association. I Haven't had chance to look into that as yet.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of the relevant booklet for their area, just ring your local MIND office (number in phone book or on their website) and ask about "the pink list".

Hope this is useful to some of you
    Gill

Gill

Thanks for that - interesting to know, so thanks for taking the time to let us all know.

Perhaps I ought to get a copy so I can put the info on the website.

Nicola

I got a list and to be honest - not to sound like Im putting them down - a vast majority of the courses / sessions that they run are in the day - do they think because you panic you dont work - it's was a little bit dissapointing.

Sorry to sound like a party pooper!!

Shell

Shell

That is no good is it? I never realised that. Yeah like you say they assume everyone sits at home and panics!

Oh well, thanks for letting us know

Nicola

Thread Information