Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Duloxetine / Cymbalta diary 2012

Re: Duloxetine / Cymbalta diary 2012

HELLO.

I don't have time today to read through all the posts, but glad to see its lively.

Its my diary and here is the present one.

What is good?

Not sure, but then that probably means its working, I don't have MAJOR anxiety. But I'm still abit paranoid.

Sleeping is sometimes great and sometimes awful.

So on the whole its OK.

But I feel, well, NEEDY, like there is a whole in me.

I have been drinking really heavily. And I started smoking again.

BAD.

Worse, because i read this drug can on its own damage your liver and so drinking as well is kiler. Even though I know that I crave drinking and smoking all the time.

I haven't posted because my business is about to go under.

I run a business where I deal with serious people and they have no idea that this is my real life. I put on a front of coolness and strength.

I have been out with clients tonight so I'm a bit tipsy, hence the ramblind nature of this post.

Good points I am not very, very anxiosu and paranoid.

Bad points, i feel a bit low, I can't be bothered to clean my flat. I sleep ALOT during the day. I feel very unsociable.

I spend alot of time on my own.

Sexually I feel low, my sexual life is, well, me and me if that makes sense.

Its all working but I dont have enough desire or confidence to meet anyone new.

As always when you are on a drug, you wish you could come off them because of the down sides.

But I fear that if I come off, anxiety wil come back badly.

So for now, I stay where i am.

60mg.

And hopefully with all the drinking I have not given long term damage.

Hope you are all well, over weekened I will read all the posts.

Much love.

NCP

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Oh, also, some days I sleep for a whole day. And I always feel tired.

That is all. x

SO its officially 6 months.

Lots to like about this drug, I'm not panicked any more, I'm not overwhelmed with anxirety any more. I cannot deny it has had lots of positive impacts.

YOu can probably guess there are BUT's cominging.

I sleep all the time, often during the day, I feel tired ALL the time, I am really putting on weight. I have always been skinny but I am now obese, clinically not subjectively.

Sex drive is low and sensitivity is not there.

I'd love to come off this, but not sure going back to being anxious is better?

So life is crap on these but can't tell if it was more or less crap before?

Hi, i started taking 40mg Duloxetine yesterday for GAD and for Fibromyalgia/M.E........unfortunately i think i picked the wong time to start taking them as i have a severe cold and its really aggrivating my symptoms, yesterday i had the strangest panic in the night i woke up and felt like my head was rushing round the room, but at the same time felt detached, its like the worries are still there but as if they are being locked away which is strange but itleast it works i guess, apart from that ive felt nauseous all the time and like im walking on the moon and slight head tingles, thing is though i sometimes get these things just through having fibromyalgia so like i said think being ill isnt helping the situation, anyway im gonna give it a month and see how it goes, would be interesting to hear from others who have cfs and gad

I am coming off these now, all in all they were pretty helpful.

I had few side effects, but I grew to get used to them in the end and I just accepted them. Alot better than any other drug I have ever taken so they clearly suited my body.

The only real downsides for me where, low sex drive and being tired all the time. I worked from home for the past year so it was alright really. Sometimes I would not be able to sleep, I have evens stayed up all night, several times, but then if I suddenly got tired int he day, i could have a nap, so I was lucky really.

I'll start a new thread about coming off them.

If you are starting on these or any drug, the advice I can offer is to not start to panick or search forums for side effects. In fact, try to avoid even calling them that.

Just accept that the drugs are going to change the way you function for a time and you may experience some feelings, some good and some bad. Most of the time, if you just accept them, they're not all that bad. Getting stressed out about them makes them worse.

Of course, if you get very bad effects for a prelonged period you should speak to your doctor.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information