Thread: Could this be acid reflux??

Question Could this be acid reflux??

(Sorry to be posting again concerning my chest symptoms) but I am wondering if they could be related to reflux..
    The symptoms I thought *may* be related to reflux are -the odd feeling of some sort of blockage or something in my chest when breathing deeply, and a feeling of breathlessness, this also seems to involve my stomach.
    In the morning I feel at it's worst, though it's there all day. I also get this wheezy thing at night at the moment, which I've had before. Also if I don't get up soon after I wake up I get hunger pains. I've also been noticing a feeling of 'bubbles' in my stomach.
    I've had this fatigue feeling in my chest the last couple days too, as if I am super exhausted (which I feel!)

I've been given omeprazole in the past but I only had it short term.

Any clues?

Re: Could this be acid reflux??

Violet, this won't really help much but if your symptoms are down to acid reflux, which is likely, then I have it too - I have pretty much the same symptoms as you. Breathlessness, pressure in the area between the bottom of my chest and the top of my stomach, feeling like there's a blockage that comes and goes - I haven't taken any medication for acid reflux before. Perhaps I should..

Hm.. maybe I should take one of my meds and see if it helps, then let you know?! Sorry you have the same symptoms, sucks huh, but always nice to know it's not only me! (I really should stop posting so many threads..)

Quote Originally Posted by VioletWings View Post
    (Sorry to be posting again concerning my chest symptoms) but I am wondering if they could be related to reflux..
    The symptoms I thought *may* be related to reflux are -the odd feeling of some sort of blockage or something in my chest when breathing deeply, and a feeling of breathlessness, this also seems to involve my stomach.
    In the morning I feel at it's worst, though it's there all day. I also get this wheezy thing at night at the moment, which I've had before. Also if I don't get up soon after I wake up I get hunger pains. I've also been noticing a feeling of 'bubbles' in my stomach.
    I've had this fatigue feeling in my chest the last couple days too, as if I am super exhausted (which I feel!)

I've been given omeprazole in the past but I only had it short term.

Any clues?
    Hi, Acid Reflux (GERD) can present in many different ways and you seem to have said most of them in your post. I have had gerd for the past 2 years (been on omeprazloe for that amount of time).

And I seem to suffer from everything you have said right down to the hunger pains (if i miss a meal by about 20mins I start getting them).

Get into the docs and let them have a look and as you have said could be a case of omeprazole for a while and a look at your diet.

Goodluck

I have this too! It's like a tight band around my chest/stomach I feel like there's a blockage and I feel breathless & dizzy

Lele x

Could you still have it even if you don't have heartburn or that much indigestion?

I don't have much of either.

How u feeling now?

Lele x

Thread Information