Thread: Crying all the time- is it Imipramine

Crying all the time- is it Imipramine

I was really emotional at the weekend - especially Saturday. Seemed a bit better yesterday but then felt like crying all day at work today. Its very difficult to with hold your emotions and i find it overwhelming but work is not the place to get upset.

I feel really down and really scared that things seem to be getting worse as i seem more emotional now than i did before. I find it much easier to cope wth anxiety at work as this is easier to hide and overcome by breathing and calming statements but emotions are not so easy to hide.

I seem to have been worse since i increase my anti depressant to 150mg. Does anyone else have any experience of this drug?I would appreciate any comments.

Re: Crying all the time- is it Imipramine

I was on Imipramine for short time whilst in a psychiatric ward this time last year. Unfortunately, I didn't tolerate it very well, it lowered my blood pressure too much (but I have lowish blood pressure but still within the normal range so anything that lowers blood pressure I tend to find problematic) My psychiatrist started me on 25mg and titrated up to 75mg but then had to titrate back down again and started me on Sertraline.

When I was on Imipramine I become very depressed, slightly aggressive, banned my family from visiting and me and banned the nurses from giving them any information about me! In hindsight, I feel really awful about this as my sister was 8 and half months pregnant at the time.

BUT, I cannot categorically say it was the imipramine. Psychiatric wards can be very, very difficult places. Living with strangers who are also very unwell is obviously the last thing you want when you're feeling so bad yourself, but it had to be done and I got through it.

If you don't feel better in a few days, or you begin to feel worse, perhaps you should speak to your doctor.

Best Wishes. x

Thread Information