Thread: saw GP today, opinions wanted

saw GP today, opinions wanted

Well, I finally had my follow-up with my family doctor for the MRI that I took over a MONTH ago. I had already seen the ENT and been diagnosed with BPPV, so I really went to see her to get her to wrire my psych scripts and recommend a therapist since the original psychiatrist that I saw and liked is no longer in my network as of June 1st. It was a good visit. I spoke to her about my handwriting issues and the fact that some of my fingers were twitching. She said that my MRI was completely NORMAL and the twitching, if anything could possibly be from essential tremors (? not sure of that's the correct term, but it's not scary). I also expressed to her that I felt like my handwriting was messier and I had to concentrate really hard to write neatly. Then she said that it was anxiety b/c if it was anything neurological, I wouldn't be able to improve it no matter how hard I concentrated. That makes me feel better, but I think she misunderstood me and thought that if I concentrate really hard I can write as neat as I used to be able to (I can't). What do you guys think? I know I'm probably overanalyzing this, but isn't that what HA does to us? However, she did say that if these things continue to really bother me, she'd refer me to a neurologist. She's a really cool doctor, WHEN you can get in to see her. She really LISTENS. She also gave me more meclizine.

On another note, my bppv is a lot better , but I still get woozy when I do certain things. I don't feel like the meclizine really makes it that much better. Of course, I don't take it as often as they recommend, either. Does anyone know of any other drugs that are good for vertigo?

I really appreciate any responses and opinions.

Take care all,

April

Hi April, glad you went to see the dr and it was positive news. Are you giving the exercises a go? I know they can be hard but if you do them it will improve tnings. I don't know what meclizine is, I took cinnarizine, a travel sicknes med but that just made me tired and spaced out a lot of the time. there is a med over here called serc-16, its a antihistamine that is prescribed for vertigo. I took that for a while and steitil (had the lot) but the exercises were the thing that cracked it for me - they were hard but worth it. Talk to you rdr about the Cooksey-cawthorn exercises which are similar and can be taught by a physiotherapist.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Thread Information