Thread: Ativan Question

Ativan Question

My Dr. prescribed me a one month supply of Ativan at .50 mg for my constant anxiety/uneasy feeling. He advised me to take it every night before I go to bed. I took it Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night but did not take it last night. Today I felt okay, not perfect, but not panicky. And I felt really good tonight, mainly in part to reading The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook and with the words found on this site.

My question is, do you think I should take the Ativan for the whole month no matter how good I am feeling? Does the medication take time to reap the complete benefits? I believe I'm taking this medication to help me get over my fear of anxiety day in and day out. However, it doesn't seem right to take the Ativan even if I'm not feeling bad...but I don't want to ruin what we are trying to accomplish with this medication.

Thanks for your input!

I would call your doctor and ask his advice as he would only know what he is wanting to accomplish with this medicine. He may not even want you to take it every day, most don't. I personally think it is great that you don't need it every night. I take klonopin during the day but not at night but I take .50 mg for the whole day broken up in .25 mg. It helps get me through the day. I'm also on paxil at 12.5 mg. Are you on any anti-depressant for anxiety? Please pm me.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Thread Information