Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

Re: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

hi guys how is every doing i v had a crap week n a half now ok i got a sinus infection and im taking amoxilcilin 500mg 3 x day , but mood is still quite low :( anxiety is low but still apparent at times , i just wanna feel happy n these lows are giving me a negative out look and im not liking it at all :( its horrid its like you feel low in ya body .... can anyone put any light on this ?? or positive advice ?? i may have to up my ven to x 2 37.5 mg at night n 1 in the morning , which feels a shame coz i was starting too see some benifits a cpl of weeks ago , :( xxx and when u upped b4 catya my ocd def felt more worse and so did the aniexty for a cpl of weeks x

Hi guys,

Hope everything is ok. I'm still feeling better day by day with the anxiety at the lowest for a year. I find these drugs have a numbing effect - sort of like removing the anxiety and low feelings but also the really happy feelings too. Not zombie like, more stable, which suits me fine.

I would say to have faith and that these meds can work. I know they're not for everyone but it's clear that that can take quite a while to work.

Petra - I've posted on the other thread and answered your questions.

Take care and stick with it. We're still in this together - you've all been a fantastic help over the past few weeks and I can't thank you enough.

Pip xx

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Sorry Kate - I've only just seen your question. It's been about 6 weeks - roughly the same as Petra. My anxiety definitely got a lot worse before it got better. Nothing like my sertraline experience though which I can only describe as horrendous - I know they work for a lot of people, and may have for me given time but I couldn't cope with them for more than the 5 days I was taking them. They made me feel more anxious than I ever have before, to the point where I really thought I was going mad (I always wondered what people meant when they said that and now I know).

Having said that, the GP put me on beta blockers for the first 2 weeks of venlafaxine and that really helped. My anxiety rose again when I stopped them but it subsided again after a couple of days. xx

So glad you are all doing well. I still have the odd day of anxiety but i have to remember that its normal to feel anxious at times and it has nothing to do with being ill, its to do with being human !!!

xxx

Hi guys feeling ok but still struggling a bit with low mood and low levels of anxiety.

It has been 15 days now on the 37.5 mg twice a day, i have some days which are not bad, very up and down, do you think it is still early days for me, i am hoping for good results with this xx

it s very normal pink dove xx 4/6 weeks for full effects iv just upped to 1 more 37.5mg tonight on top of my 75mg a day . xx so 112.mg s?? hoping it helps but doc said she may put me on capsule form of this med ??
    xx take every day as it comes hun x

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

my doc said they tend to calm u at first and the mood lifts last if that makes sence ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information