Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

hi all i been on 37.5 mg for the past 18 days , they dont seem to off made me worse or not that i can tell coz my anxiety , depression n pure o has been bad anyway due to being due on and then on my period ..sorry boys
    i have now finished my period and its the day after and i have felt propper crap today .....
    i dunno wether to wait till im at day 21 so it gives my hormones a bit of time to adjust back so i know wether or not its all been crap due hormones or taking the tab??

any 1 got any suggestions and what have u noticed when increasing on this med , i dont wanna feel any worse than i do :(

xxx

Re: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

sorry that last thread went through on my sons account not mine!!! so its from me x

okay i bit bullet n took 1 last night too, i went to bed around 9.30 -10 woke up at 2 ish , managed to get back to sleep ok , felt bit more settled than normal .. had a bit of a headache n a few palps in me throat .

day 2 , took roughly same time last night slept lightly , woke up felt moody which made me feel anxious n thoughty, took kids to school come home felt very relaxed so drifted lightly to sleep ,had a bout 45 mins still feeling anxious whilst being half a sleep , sat up felt more anxious , went to the shop felt very anxious walked home got in and felt alot brighter for a lil while then a lil anxious again , had a lil headache , noticed ocd thoughts alot more today grrrr. my brighter moments were nice but alot of ocd n anxiety in between them. will take 3rd 1 on upped dose again tonight , with the hope i have a better day tom plz god . x

Keep at it, i found venlafaxine pulled me out of a very dark place.

It was a long time ago when i started taking it (i'm off it now, but thats another story) but i seem to remember that going from 37.5 to 75 made me feel a bit sick. Other than that it was ok.

You will find that any anti-deppresent takes time to start working properly, usually anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 or even 6 weeks.

You will also find though that you will start having more good days than bad, and the bad days wont be so bad.

Keep at it, keep posting on here, we will support you!

Hi - I'm at exactly the same stage as you - day 3 of 37.5 to 75mg. I feel ok, just a bit more nauseous than before, and a bit of a headache. I can put up with these, it was increased anxiety which I was really worried about but so far, so good.
    Hope you're doing ok too
    P x

ah thank u for the replies xxx i really do need the support as do u . i got headaches that come n go , sleeping quite lightly but i been like for some while now . do get waves of tiredness .
    pipkin do u take the lil peachy ones 2 1 am n 1 at night b4 bed?
    do u mind if i ask what your taking them for hun?? xxx
    thx again both of u

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

i just hit the 3 week mark yesterday all together x

I've had 4 weeks on 75mg and my GP says i only have to take them for another 4 weeks and then i can start to come off them as i'm feeling so much better

Hope you are all ok

I've nearly completed my phased return at work and am feeling really good still. I still have the odd anxious moment but i can talk myself down.

I've also noticed my sex life is so much better and i'm having so much more fun than i was. I also am enjoying going to sleep again rather than dreading waking up :0)

Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

im really pleased for u , i do hope n pray these work the same way for us in the early stages at the mo too )
    great news , dont rush of them!! lol
    ty for replying n keep in touch
    xx

Hi everyone,
    Feeling ok on the whole but still feeling nauseous (why does in come in a wave when you yawn?) and have a headache (I get migraines anyway and this is probably linked). Not experiening any increased anxiety though and this is my 3rd day of the upped dose. I have been on venlafaxine before so knowing that I can tolerate them and that they work for me makes me feel a lot better about them.
    Petram - to answer your questions:
    Yes, I take the peach tablets (37.5mg), 1 in the morning and 1 at night. However, I saw my GP this week and asked him for the modified release capsules so I will be changing to these from my next prescription. I did this for convenience and also the last time I took them, I remember that taking one in the evening had a habit of either keeping me awake or giving me some very strange dreams (and not in a good way).
    I'm taking them for anxiety. Before Christmas, the GP prescribed sertraline. I took it for a week and had the most horrendous experience where my anxiety went through the roof and was worse than it had ever been. I ended up seeing an emergency doctor at the weekend thinking I was having some kind of serious reaction. I can honestly say that I have never felt that bad before - it was just awful. I think it was just that they weren't for me and I wasn't prepared to stick it out when I knew there was an alternative that worked for me.
    Hope you are all ok. Keep posting so we can give each other some moral support. I'm hoping that the worst is behind us but there will still be some days which are a bit of a bumpy ride.
    P x

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information