Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

Re: doc wants me to increase my 37.5 mg to 75mg scared...

I'm on 75mg and I see my dr tomorrow and he did say he would increase the dose?
    What seems to be the average dose, anyone know ? Thanks xx

I was on 75mg for 6 years, but i know people who were on much higher doses, up to 225mg per day. Everyone is different, and what works for others may not work for you.

Trust your doc

my aunt is on 400mg!! , my uncle was on 150mg , 1 of my sisters was on 225 , my youngest sister is on 37,5 mg im on day 6 off 75mg ,

day 6 off upping woke up felt lovely , soon tho my harm ocd and intrusives thoughts have been a real bitch again!! grrr , i do wander if upping the dose has made them a bit worse??? coz i know when starting n maybe when increasing this can happen , grrrr wish it would settle down , although most of the pyshical anxiety as subsided n i guess although the ocd is being a complete ass and i hate it im coping a tiny bit better with it.
    how s every 1 else doing today??
    xxx

Hi all,

Feeling better today. Nausea wearing off and headache fading. Starting to feel calmer but I reckon it's going to take another couple of weeks to get the full effect. Anyone else noticed that their pupils are more dilated than normal? Half the time, mine look like saucers and it's a bit unnerving!

P x

pip how long did ur doc say to wait for the increase to take a effect hun? x

Petram,

He didn't say though from experience it's 2-3 weeks. As I've been on this before, I think the doc has pretty much left me to it, not that I mind. When first prescribed, he said start on 37.5mg a day and when I felt I could tolerate it, to move up to 75mg. He suggested after a couple of days but I waited a week.

Side effects are now minimal and anxiety is definitely getting better. Next step, moving to the MR capsules so that I can take 1 a day as I hate having to take the evening tablet (makes it harder to get to sleep).

P x

day 7 off upping very tired this am and a bit nervous of my ocd being as constant as day previous , laid on sofa half the morning , a friend called round for a hour had a coffee , got really tearfull for a unknown reason , ocd present but not as severe as yesterday , had a particular thought whilst on school run that distressed me and wanted to cry , i called my sister who is a long term sufferer of ocd and harm thoughts who laughe dher socks off!!!
    and said dont worry about it which made me feel better .

pip so far im ok with getting to sleep on the tab i take right b4 im going to sleep tho.
    i seem to be a bit slower in responding to the med than u but i have ocd depression n anxiety , like i said yesterday the anxiety is def getting better but the moods need to brighten up somewhat so i can deal /laugh/ignore my ocd better x

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

also felt a little bit monged at times today ??

Well, back from the dr and been increased to 150mg ( 2x 75mg) per day. He wouldn't let me have the extended release tab because of the cost.
    Have to see how it all goes.....

how long u been on the 75mg catya?? xx did u not feel any benefit from the 75mg ?? xx

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

actually it s day 6 of taking the higher dose il be taking me 7th tonight...

On it a week, 40mg citalopram since beginning of November. X

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information