Thread: Start CBT for Depression Anxiety PTSD tomorrow any positive comments ?

Start CBT for Depression Anxiety PTSD tomorrow any positive comments ?

Hi , starting CBT tomorrow and a little unsure what to expect and if positive results for my condition , they are holding back on medication meanwhile , only on 45mg Mirtazipine last 7 months , despite severely being depressed and suffering very badly from anxiety

can anybody reassure me and did they find it helpful

Re: Start CBT for Depression Anxiety PTSD tomorrow any positive comments ?

You have to be willing to help yourself and not get to upset if it doesn't work straight away. I've only had a couple sessions but I do believe it will help me in the long run. I read your into thread. Sounds like 2011 was a tough year for you I hope this year is much better for you!

thanks clc . fingers crossed , trying to go with an open mind, Ive already had two assessments and met the psychologist and she seems a nice person who I didnt have any problem talking to so I suppose thats a good start.

Just hoping my anxiety stays down or may go in one ear and out the other , concentration at the moment is very poor but Im sure she will be used to that.

it takes a lot of self will , but they wouldn't do it for you unless they thought you were capable =) It's quite clever - its changing the way you think. Instead of thinking "Oh , i panicked today and didn't go out" , it will be changed to "I panicked today and didn't go out ....oh well never mind , i'll try again tomorrow!"

Its making you think more positive x

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Its definately worth doing CBT... but didnt do much for me ... but then i did it 7-8yrs ago, so may have changed their techniques !

yes I have heard mixed reviews , well nothing ventured nothing gained as they say, at least its something rather than writing prescriptions hey nilly nilly , thanks for your input guys

well started today , discussing breathing which I was aware of and constantly working to improve albeit seems to be constant and very tiresome at times trying to keep on top of it , was told my posture very poor and breathing too shallow , posture cant help as I have protruding discs in back which gives me constant pain and Ive been trying to correcvt posture for last few years just never can master it my body just seems to fall the way it does when Im sitting.

So we discussing the constant thoughts and Ive been asked to try and hold the thought until it passes and try to do breathing at same time , although this sounds easy Im finding out its very difficult due to the fear of where the anxiety is going and always being trying in the past to minimise it as quickly as I can when I feel it starts.

" Just a thought its not going to harm me " and when sucess praise ones self its gone away etc

the thought that came into my head when she told me ... was if only she knew what it was like , I know she does in her world as Im sure she will have her anxious moments as we all did before it took over our lifes in the way it does , but Im adamant not to mock and of course fully co-operate to the best of my ability.

I was a little concerned on a couple of occasions she asked me when my eyes was closed what image did I see , try and picture your lungs etc whilst breathing etc... I didnt see anything just blackness , didnt matter how hard I tried I couldnt visualise anything and this is a thing common to me.

Do you think its perhaps concentration ie lack of due to the anxiety ...

Well Ive got two weeks to work on this until I go back.

Spoke also re some medication again to help , but told again no , no change despite my constantly very low esteem , confidence and deep depression.

Why when I mention that I feel Mirtazipine doesnt feel to be doing anything re my depression does anyone take me serious , although I did see the benfits of sleeping when started in May last year , the medication is not helping with that anymore.

Feeling very tired , depressed and usual anxious with head full of constant worries

Thread Information