Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What pets do you have?

What pets do you have?

I find my dogs a great source of stress relief.... they say just stroking a pet relieves stress, the repetitive action is calming....
    I have a Siberian Husky girl called Sky, she is neally 8yrs, and i have an Alaskan Malamute boy called Storm, he is neally 5yrs... They are such a handful, hyper loony breeds, not for the faint hearted, but i love them to bits... they keep me going most days!
    Of course they can cause stress too !!!!!! my boy is peeing around the house at the moment, dont know why hes suddenly started this!! hes got a month to sort it or its the chop for him!! my girl was done years ago as a pup, so shes not causing him to do this....

So what pets do you have? and do they help your anxiety???

Re: What pets do you have?

Adore dogs Stormsky

Havent got my own now after my collie died two years ago . I adored her .
    Love the breeds you own ..........beautiful noble dogs .
    Can you let them off the leash ? or do they head for the hills and keep running .

I have loan of my sons loony beagle /basset cross some days ...........if I let him off leash he would never be seen again daft mutt . Scent and pack hound and deaf to commands
    snow x

Hi. i have a yorkie called rosie she is 5 years old.

when i was at my worse she would just lie beside me, and she seemed to know i was ill.

i find her a great help, just taking her a walk motivates me, and she is always up for a cuddle.

I would'nt be without her............she's my best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by snowgoose View Post
    Adore dogs Stormsky

Havent got my own now after my collie died two years ago . I adored her .
    Love the breeds you own ..........beautiful noble dogs .
    Can you let them off the leash ? or do they head for the hills and keep running .

x
    they do go off lead in a field, but just keep running!! come back in their own time if your lucky! and hope not cows or horses are around... the husky has herded a load of cows and horses before now, very scary, and i know she could be shot be a farmer... we have to be careful! they are VERY intelligent, too much so, take a lot of stimulating 24/7... They are stunning lookers though, cant walk them without being stopped every few steps for a stroke by someone... my boy loves the beach, we runs up and down the beach, in and out of the waves, lovely to watch him... dont let husky off on beach though, she ran off to main road last time we did...

I have two kiitens at the moment they don't releave any stress just cause it. There names are jess and flo. In london I have 3 boxers who I adore Bruno, Tyson and Lennox x

I have 3 cats and when I cry they all come over to me and sit on my lap. I think they know I'm upset. They sleep on my bed at night and I find it really comforting to put my hand on them in the night.
    xx

I have 4 greyhounds. Stanley, Séamus, Toby and Lance. I have also fostered many other greyhounds and have Monty here with me at the moment - until he finds a forever home. I could not imagine my life without lots of dogs in it

All of my dogs have been castrated and I strongly advise other people to have their dogs done. Not only does it stop them 'marking' in the house, they are calmer, it stops them running away when a girly is in season, stops unwanted puppies, plus it has health benefits too. A dog that has been castrasted obviously won't get testicular cancer and are very, very unlikely to have prostrate problems. Also they don't hump your Aunt's leg!

I've got a 12yr old chocolate labrador, a green cheek conure parrot and 8 chickens. Out of all of them I actually find the chickens the most relaxing and some days the only reason I go out of the house is to clean them out and feed them. Some of them are rescue hens that had spent all their short lives in those cramped cages and it's been a delight to see them change from nervy featherless hens into beautiful happy hens. I look at them and think if they can survive the cruelties of how they were kept and be so happy then anything is possible

I have a tabby tortishell cat at my mums house. I love her to bits she definately knows when I'm sad as she comes up to me meowing. She was a rescue cat and was badly treated and so shy I cried when I saw her. Its gives me a warm feeling seeing her now.

I'm moving out my parents house in a few weeks and can't make up my mind whether to get kittens or a puppy. I can't imagine living without animals.

Quote Originally Posted by clc View Post
    I have a tabby tortishell cat at my mums house. I love her to bits she definately knows when I'm sad as she comes up to me meowing. She was a rescue cat and was badly treated and so shy I cried when I saw her. Its gives me a warm feeling seeing her now.

I'm moving out my parents house in a few weeks and can't make up my mind whether to get kittens or a puppy. I can't imagine living without animals.
    Maybe giving another rescue cat or dog would be perfect for you?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information