Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary Symptoms

Scary Symptoms

Over the last week i have been getting some terrible symptoms like never before and i dont know the cause of them.

I have been feeling very dizzy and lighteaded constantly almost all day everyday, but the thing is i have a bad cough and everytime i cough it makes me even more dizzier and makes my head spin, i also feel sick, i am also getting afew headaches and i am getting really worried, it could be anxiety but i'm thinking more along the lines of something life-threatening like a brain tumour or some kind of brain disease or ciruclation problem.

Another symptom that i have is that the top of my left leg is really hurting and its going numb and i have pins and needles and tingling there almost all the time and it hurts quite alot and im really worried about that as well as that could also be something life-threatening or it could be a DVT or something i dont know but i am really worried at the moment.

Hi Andrew,

I can relate to all of these symptoms at some point or another, even at the same times as each other sometimes.

Are you anxious about anything at the moment, or worried at all? If so, this could be the cause of this.

Pins and needles with aching legs, I have very often. I use to think of DVT. The headaches, dizziness etc, I use to think of a brain tumour.

It could also be to do with the weather, giving you headaches, and even your legs, due to heat and bloating?

Drink plenty of water and concentrateon your breathing, as this will contribute to the diziness and possibly pins and needles if you are hyperventilating.

Good luck

Even now, when Im stressed I still tend to think these thoughts, but can divert now or rationalise.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Hi AJD

Long time no see! You haven't mentioned the new baby. How are things going? What did you have etc etc.

Come on tell us all the news.

Nicola

hi andrew i know how you are feeling.i recentley posted about the feeling sick and dizzy too.i read on one thread that the tenseness in your neck can restrict blood flow to your ears and that can sometimes give you the motion sickness feeling!!and if you,re anything like me my shoulders are always up by my ears!!!!try some relaxation it might help(i know thats easier said than done)and also i dont think the HOT weather helps!take care hope you feel better soon rachel x x

Baby? wot baby? argh. Yeah what did you have, when, etc etc.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Sometimes you can fool your mind and body, into thinking you have these problems like a numb leg or a severe disease. Ease up, relax and take your mind off these troubles, you should feel well again. Also, if your already dizzy, i'm sure the pressure of coughing and even snezing will make your dizziness worsen.

hi ya - Im sure the heat aggrevates anxiety coz we all feel dizzy and woozy and breatheless when its very humid like its been lately. I find I get lots of diff aches and pains and I just dismiss them and try to slow my breathing down which is my main problem especially as I panic when I start feeling dizzy which is worse in the heat!!! Good luck wenjoy x

The thing is i feel sort of ok until i start coughing badly, once that happens my head goes really dizzy and i start feeling sick and weak and then those feelings stay with me for the rest of the day, i have had loads of bad coughs before but none have ever made me feel dizzy and sick like it is now, thats why i am convinced that it is not normal and that it could be something serious such as a brain tumour etc.

Hi Andrew,

Perhaps the thought of you coughing triggers off nervous thoughts to create other symptoms?

Also, I'm wondering if being a father to a new baby is significant?

If you are really concerned, please see your doc, but my guess is anxiety, based on what you've reported on this site before.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

What about the baby though - is he/she ok?

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information