Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scary Symptoms

The baby is ok thanks, it is a girl.

The thing i am most worried about is that i dont feel that dizzy until i start coughing, as soon as i start coughing my head really starts spinning for a few seconds and then i seem to feel dizzy for the rest of the day, it then eases off a bit when i go to bed, but the next day as soon as i start coughing the next day then my head starts spinning again and i feel dizzy and sick for the rest of that day, i have had this for about 10 days now.

I just dont think that it is normal to start feeling dizzy when i am coughing, i dont think anxiety is anything to do with it, i have been looking at the possible causes of dizziness and they are things like poor circulation to the brain, heart problems, a brain tumour and then there are less serious things such as ear infections and ear viral infections etc, i still think it is something serious or life-threatening.

I am also feeling very weak, faint and lightheaded lately.

Also i seem to get quite bad headaches after coughing, could this be something life-threatening perhaps, i keep thinking of serious things such as brain tumours etc, i feel really weak, faint and tired as well.

Congratulations on the baby.

Why not pop to the docs for reassurance if you are that worried.

Any news on the CBT yet?

Nicola

I think you are feeling dizzy when you are coughing bc you aren't getting oxygen when you cough. It is very hard to breath and cough at the same time! And it hurts your head bc it is a real strain to your face, jaw, neck and all the muscles in your scalp. I've had this before with a cold and/or allergies. It makes my head spin and really hurts my neck and head. Just take a deep breath and move on to a nice activity like looking at your sweet baby girl.
    Are these thoughts worse now that you've had her? I know when I gave birth to my first daughter was when all my HA started... it's scarey to think of not being there for your child.
    I got a good book on HA and it's helped me alot. Let me know if you'd like the title!
    Feel better soon!

OH! I get the left leg thing too and it really freaks me out bc my mother died of a DVT when I was 8.
    It is anxiety... a very tense muscle is tired. I had the exact same thing. Now I'm having another ache, it is better (funny how it happens). Try to relax that leg. You may not feel like it, but go for a walk and stretch it. Put your feet up from time to time and I'm sure it will subside. Mine comes and goes a lot but now I know it's just my anxiety!
    Take care!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information