Thread: Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy In Two Days

Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy In Two Days

Hi Guys,

On Saturday i am having both Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy done in the same session!
    I dont want to take the sedatives they give you for these test, i tend to get very ill after sedatives and feel terrible for weeks! i would rather just have the spray to the back of the throat for the Gastroscopy and just deal the with the uncomfort of the Colonoscopy!
    Just wondering if anyone has had these test done to them and if they choose to have the sedative or weather to just deal with the discomfort?

Thanks in advance
    Rob

Re: Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy In Two Days

I had them both done, and they didn't even offer the sedative, said they prefer to just use the spray now. It wasn't that bad to be honest, and its over pretty quickly

Sorry i can,t offer any advice , but a mate of mine who is a nurse in a hospital told be its all straight forward (believe me if it wasn,t he would say) .
    Everyone i seem to know has had both done , it seems a very common thing to do these days .

Thanks for the replys
    Properly just a common sympton being scared lol! Also got to start the prep soon for the colonoscopy not looking forward to that can see my health anxiety being sky high by tonight :(

Hello, i had an endoscopy on friday last. I opted for the spray as i just wanted it over and done with and then to get home. My honest advice would be go for the spray, it is a bit uncomfortable but like mikewales said its over pretty quick & you cant feel anything accept the thing moving about a tiny bit but it doesnt hurt. I think mine was about 10mins then your out with a glass of water an a biscuit.

I have my colonoscopy next friday and im dreading starting to take the tablets in the run up too it ha!

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Oh you've probably heard this joke a million times already, if your getting both yours done in the same day make sure they do the gastroscopy first dont want a sour taste in your mouth if they do it the other way round!

Thread Information