Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *HELP!!*

Hey Axel!
    No unfortunately I still havent started CBT, Ive been told Im due to start it in Sept via an OCD group that runs for 8 wks...
    Its not totally what I hoped for as I doubt I'll be cured within 8 wks but I guess its better than nothing!
    Anyway how are you doing?
    Take care
    Jen xxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hey Axel!
    No unfortunately I still havent started CBT, Ive been told Im due to start it in Sept via an OCD group that runs for 8 wks...
    Its not totally what I hoped for as I doubt I'll be cured within 8 wks but I guess its better than nothing!
    Anyway how are you doing?
    Take care
    Jen xxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by xladyjx - 25 July 2006 : 07:02:00</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Like you said 8 weeks are better than none but I know what you mean. I think most cbt groups last at least 12 weeks and up to 26 weeks. I think if you learn the exercises well enough to do them on your own during the eight weeks you will hopefully be able to keep at them and keep improving without the group. I am still benefitting from doing my tea forms everyday and hope to keep making progress until the new ways of thinking become my default way of thinking.
    I'm doing well, but I still think I have room for more improvement and that keeps me motivated. The summer here has been unusually humid and it is driving me crazy but I can deal with it. Take care and let me know how you are doing and when your group starts. I hope it helps you and believe it will if you work at it

Thank you Axel for your msg!
    My CBT Group begins on the 1st sept and unfortunatly Im going away on holiday on the 30th Sept so Im going to miss 2 sessions out of the 8 so now its even less :(
    Glad to hear all is well with you, I know what you mean about the humid weather, we are also having an unusually hot and humid summer this year!
    Keep smiling! Take care xxxxxx

Hi Jen,

Have you asked about 1 to 1 CBT sessions also?

Good luck with your group sessions

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Hiya Kate!
    Thanx for your msg...
    Well to be honest hun thats what I was promised right from the beginning but nearly 2 years later all of a sudden Im having group therapy which is awful, how can we talk about our past and true feelings in front of a bunch of strangers??
    This country has seriously gone down the pan!!

How are you?
    Take care, Jen xxxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thank you Axel for your msg!
    My CBT Group begins on the 1st sept and unfortunatly Im going away on holiday on the 30th Sept so Im going to miss 2 sessions out of the 8 so now its even less :(
    Glad to hear all is well with you, I know what you mean about the humid weather, we are also having an unusually hot and humid summer this year!
    Keep smiling! Take care xxxxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by xladyjx - 01 August 2006 : 07:50:42</div id="right">
    Good to hear from you. Is there anyway you can reschedule your holiday? After waiting so long it would be a shame to have to miss a fourth of your sessions. Maybe you can talk to the group leader at the first session and he or she will be willing to let you make it up when you get back or offer something to help you have the full benefit of it.
    Keep me informed and I'll be thinking about you[8D]

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya Kate!
    Thanx for your msg...
    Well to be honest hun thats what I was promised right from the beginning but nearly 2 years later all of a sudden Im having group therapy which is awful, how can we talk about our past and true feelings in front of a bunch of strangers??
    This country has seriously gone down the pan!!

How are you?
    Take care, Jen xxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by xladyjx - 02 August 2006 : 07:59:24</div id="right">
    You don't talk about your past much in cbt so the groups are not that bad. In my cbt group they discouraged us from getting all wound up about the past saying it can't be changed or made better so we are not wasting time on that, but you can change and make the future better so that is what we are here to focus on. It was very scary at first but I can understand what they are saying now because it has taught me to focus on things that are in my control and stop obsessing about things that aleady happened and are done with.

How are you Jen? Hope things are going well for you now.

Jen did you ever start your cbt? I hope it is helping you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information