Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine

Lofepramine

Hi everyone,

Ive been taking lofepramine 70mg twice a day for almost 2 months now and apart from some nausea and a dry mouth have been ok on them and have started to fell a real difference, particularly this last week.

However I forgot to take my night time one last night ( I have real trouble remembering the evening dose) and then by the time the kids went to school and I went shopping I realised I hadnt taken one this morning either and I eneded up with a really pounding, severe headache, so bad I could hardly bear to move.

Does anyone know if this is because I missed a dose. It worries me that I would have such a severe reaction after only one missed and one late dose. What must it be like to try and come off these (not that I'm intending to at the moment)?

Does anyone have any tips for remembering the second dose? I feel like my brain turns to mush by the evening lol!

Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Coni X

Hi Coni, don't know this med, so can't speak about the symptoms you have. But about remembering meds, have you got a routine you do before bed? I keep my meds by the bed so that they are staring me in the face. My friend keeps the daily dose of her meds in a pot and then she knows when she's them all (she's 14 different things!!). You could set a reminder on your mobile phone or set a timed alarm that might help.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I've just been prescribed them. I've tried lots of different ones in the past with varying results, so I'm hoping these work.

--
    Blue -
    "Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Hi Guys,

thanks for replying. Daisy I think you're right and routines the key...I think I'll try taking them as soon as my eldest goes to bed, maybe that'll remind me, or maybe just remembering how rotten I felt yesterday will be a reminder in itself lol!

Blue, I hope you get on ok with these...I've found them really helpful...Its just the twice a ady thing which is the pain lol! How often do you take yours?

Coni X

Hi Coni,

I've got to take 1 for a week and if I feel better up it to 2. I don't understand it, as you normally up them if you don't feel better.

--
    Blue -
    "Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Hia i was on these meds quite a few years ago .When you do come off them you have to come off gradually as directed by the doc i didnt have any problems coming off them at all.
    The only problem i had was a dry mouth like you described but unfortunately it affected my saliva production long term :(causing havoc with my teeth get asaliva orthana(not sure if thats spelt right ) its helps with the dry mouth and you can get it from your docs
    Good Luck and i hope they help you
    take care cheryl xx

Hi Chedda

thanks for your reply...I might try that for a dry mouth. Forgot to take my evening tablet last night again...hopeless eh? but I was just so tired I was in bed early and when I woke at 2 am and remembered it was too late cos I knew I'd be taking the next one in a few hours. I really need to get myself sorted with this!

Blue, would you let me know how you get on with increasing your tablets please....have you two split the dose like me?

thanks

Coni X

Well I don't know if I have to increase them but if I did I'd keep them on my bedside cabinet by the alarm clock, that way you see them when you go to bed and when you get up.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

Blue, would you let me know how you get on with increasing your tablets please....have you two split the dose like me?

thanks

Coni X

<div align="right">Originally posted by Coni - 16 June 2006 : 08:16:20</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    --
    Blue -

Hi Coni,

I have only been on Lofepramine for 4 days after a gap of two days when I was on another med. I am finding Lofepramine has ruined my sleep, made me very anxious, and worsened my depression, all side effects of the drug.

Can I ask you Coni, did you experience these symptoms when you first began Lofepramine, and if so how long do they last?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi everyone,

Ive been taking lofepramine 70mg twice a day for almost 2 months now and apart from some nausea and a dry mouth have been ok on them and have started to fell a real difference, particularly this last week.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Coni - 14 June 2006 : 14:29:08</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    --
    Blue -

Hi, I have been on this medication since before Christmas now, after coming off another one, the way I remember my dose is, to put it near my toothbrush as I clean my teeth twice a day, morning and evening just a thought, keep up with the regular doses, xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information