Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lofepramine

Hi Alexis,

thanks for the tip, I've been a bit better the last few days at remembering. I'm reluctant to leave tablets out because I'm always worried about the kids ( although they are old enough to know not to take any medicines unless I give it to them). I'm going to try taking it earlier in the evning when I'm less tired and maybe I'll have more chance of remebering lol!

Blue bottle, I've been on these for about two months now and I must admit I am now noticing a big difference in how I feel and I am definitely much less stressed. I have noticed though that I still dont sleep well, I feel as though I'm very restless when asleep and I still wake up very early, no matter how tired I am. The only other major side effect I noticed was nausea, which I still get although its not quite so bad...one good side effect was that I have lost about 12 pounds because I had little appetite and felt sick after eating, but thats starting to level off now. For the first few weeks I think I did feel a bit worse and was VERY tearful, though this also coincided with an even more stressful time than usual at work so it may have been that. I'd say stick with them a little longer...its only really in the last couple of weeks I've felt a big improvement.

take care

Coni X

Well after about 6 weeks my GP has said they should have made some difference by now and has therefore decided to take me off of them. I am on day 2 or 3 of stopping the evening one and getting the usual horrible withdrawal effects. I'm sick of this cycle of trying tablets only for them not to work and then suffering the fallout of withdrawal.

The GP has decided I now need to see a psychiatrist as they have access to a wider range of drugs. Then he wants me to see a psychologist. I am already seeing one but she is in my home town and not where I'm staying at the moment.

--
    Blue -
    "Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Jem27 Guest
    Bluebottle what withdrawal effects are you experiencing coming off the lofepramine? I am day 4 of stopping mine and ive felt exhausted beyond belief and my headache feels like ive a brick at the back of my head everytime i move, ouch.

Hope the psychologist can help.

Jem

Hi Jem,

Its the typical withdrawal effects, aching arm, feeling very low and anxious, they're difficult to explain but anyone who has felt it will know what I mean. You feel the outside world is shrinking and everything is focused on you. You can't relax, sleep, think straight etc...

--
    Blue -
    "Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

Jem27 Guest
    Oh right, poor you, hope you feel better soon.

I went from 140mg - 70mg over a 2week period then from 35mg-nothing over a week. Ive felt fine other than ive felt exhausted, I do have 3 kids to run after all day but I am worrying it could be something bad if im not gaining weight now im eating (hardly ate when i was ill with anxiety) and im feeling shattered. Thought it may just be coz I withdrew so quickly, ive had an awful headache aswell which dr says is bound to be withdrawal.

I have cut one 70mg tablet out. You can cut down by using a liquid form and reducing it by 5mg a week but I'd rather get the stuff out of my system as soon as possible, without total shutdown. I will have next week on the 35mg and then stop it completely. Although...... I might go to 105mg for the rest of this week, and then 70mg next week. Perhaps a reduction of 35mg a week is the better option? I have driving lessons coming up and don't want to jeopardize them.

I forgot to mention, this drug made me sweat like crazy.

--
    Blue -

Jem27 Guest
    Hiya,

Oh right, well ive gone from 140-70mg over 10-14 days then dropped to 35mg for a week then stopped, maybe I stopped them too quickly and thats why im so tired, achy & headache.

Yes I use to get hot flushes all up my back, awful constipation, dizziness on standing (hypotension), loss of appetite which caused me to lose alot of weight quickly, trouble sleeping and vivid dreams (sometimes nightmares). What gets me is that this drug is supposed to have fewer side effects than the other tricyclics, I was on dothiepin before and only that cause drowziness.

Ju x

Yes I was told the same thing "fewer side effects" but this one increased my anger and made me sweat, was hell to get on to and is even harder to get off.

We're just puppets for the drug companies to experiment on. They list huge side effects and thereby cover themselves, and we are so desperate to get well we'll try most things the GP prescribes.

I wish I could explain what withdrawal feels like to my partner, she seems to think its nothing much.

--
    Blue -

Jem27 Guest
    Hope you feel better soon, it really is awful isn't it.

I increased my lorazepam and that made it much easier. My ex girlfriend had a fit though and we split up.

--
    Blue -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information