Thread: Does this sound like IBS?

Question Does this sound like IBS?

Ok so I've often suffered with irritating bloating, odd pain after eating too much of the wrong things and I try and avoid certain foods that make me gassy.
    But as of about the past 2 weeks it's got a million times worse I'm not hungry often, and when I am I barely eat anything and I feel very sore and bloated again. Potatoes seem to stand out as a bad culprit at the mo, yet bread, white bread as well, doesn't seem to bother me? I also had a cheese&onion pasty on Saturday which after about 2/3 hours made me look and feel about 5 months pregnant I get pain almost every time I eat now, and the bloating doesn't seem to be going away now at all, and if it does it soon comes back.

A friend at work said it sounded like IBS as his wife suffers and knows the symptoms. Could it be? Or could it be an intolerance to something?

It's driving me mad, I feel F.A.T! and it's not comfortable, what can I do to help ease it? I was thinking about getting activia or something as that's helped in the past, and I've decided to have my 7 day break off the pill as in the past running them back to back (although a different brand) has made me bloated.
    Also, would it be worth going to see the doctor? I'm sick of the doctors, if that place had a club card I'd have the highest amount of points by now

Any advice much appreciated

Re: Does this sound like IBS?

I have IBS and yes it does sound to me like this is what you have. However I am not a doctor and can not be certain on this so I would def say speak to your GP.

Its very uncomfortable and yes I look like I am having triplets at times !!

I was given some meds from my GP which helps and also iv noticed eating little and often helps. Try not to go long periods without food.

haha I feel the same, I am always at the docs its got so bad the receptionists all know my name without looking on the screen!!!

Good luck and i hope your GP can find you some relief x

Thread Information