Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Positive Thread

The Positive Thread

Just thought I'd start up this thread to give us a chance to highlight those positive things that happen in our life, despite the adversity we all face.

You may wish to tell us about a lovely country walk that you made, an inspirational story you heard, or perhaps you received a special something as a surprise. Or maybe you just want to tell everyone how lucky you are to have an understanding and supportive person close to you. But remember, we already have specific sections to post your sucess stories and celebrations.

We've all been through dark times when we can't see any light. I want this thread to remind people that there is a brighter side, and hope that this thread will be added to each day.

Focussing on the Positive is part of getting better, after all...

I'll start by saying that yesterday I made a phone call to a friend I hadn't spoken to for ages. And we were able to understand each others issues as well as follow the Brazil match! This was important to me as I get lonely - it's always good to have an understanding voice on the other end of the line.

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

what a wonderful idea!Thanks Ray.Well yesterday when i went into the garden after all the rain two of the biggest deepest red poppies had opened,breathtaking!And i had bought them from my special holiday place in cornwall so it was a reminder of that lovely time too!Mar-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

This is a brilliant thread! Thank you.
    Well, my sister has just had a baby girl after a difficult preganancy and birth, making me an auntie for the first time! She is absoloutly gorgeous and gives me a warm fuzzie feeling every time I cuddle her!
    Love Helen

I've had some lovely times just watching four fox cubs playing in the field behind my home. they make me smile. Also a squirrel comes into my garden and is desperate to get at the nuts in the birdfeeder, he's got into such a knot thrying to get in it has made me smile. I love my garden it is peaceful restful place, the birds and wildlife love it too, that's my positive.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Great idea for a thread
    When I think of positive things in my life, I don't think of specific things that I have done or material things that I have gotten, but I think how blessed I am to have 4 healthy, sweet, annoying[8D], loving kids - a husband who loves me and would walk thru fire for me (hmmmm that's a thought-jk), and my little grandson Peanut (Austin) who I can spoil and feed sugar and send him home
    Who could ask for anything more???!!!

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

MMMM when I watch butterflies and bumble bees amongst the flowers in my garden and ladybirds basking on a sunny leaf I think about all the teeny weeny things we dont notice when we are wrappedup in our worries.....Wenjoy x

What a spledid idea, a positive thread, how about the air after rain smells so sweet

Keith

I opened the fridge and found a mint aero I had forgotton about!!

Lisa

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

oh and...

not only have I just become a 'senior member' (makes me sound really old!) I found a lovely concise quote when i was trawling the markets in sydney last week...

"COURAGE - not the absence of fear or despair, but the strength to conquer them"

rang very true to me.

Lisa

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

"Like water be gentle and strong. Be gentle enough to follow the natural paths of the earth, and strong enough to rise up and reshape the world"

Yesterday I was with my boyfriend all day! From 11 in the morning until 10 at night, was a great day, he kept treating me, bless him!

Also I have three exams left out of 12 so that's great, it'll all be over next Thursday, yay!!!

Scooties Back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information