Thread: Yuck. Mornings.

Yuck. Mornings.

Ugh. I'm always worst in the mornings and my anxiety is at it's highest. My head always feels so out of it and I feel really sick and shaky. Hopefully as the day goes on I feel a bit better.

Mornings are gross aren't they?

Re: Yuck. Mornings.

Yes I find mornings worse also and am always at my best in the evening.
    Last night like most nights I lay in bed going over in my head all the things I was going to do today but as usual I awoke this morning with anxiety so bad I am struggling just to get through the first few hours.
    I use 5 htp, a Sad Light and drink Camomile tea and I wonder if I am better as the day goes on because these are working but come morning I have gone 10 hours or so without any of them and need to build up again. It is like each day I am starting again.
    Hope your morning is starting to improve

I see what you're saying. In the evening I feel quite normal then go to bed and wake up and have to start over again, it's a bit like Ground Hog Day!

do you work Jay?

Yeah I do but I'm off at the minute. I'm a bit scared of going back.

Hi Jay
    Your properly fully aware i am same as you in the morning! i was off work for roughly 7mounths, i have been back for two weeks and i was terrified about how i would feel in work, only the odd day or so i have felt really uncomfortable but over all it has helped me! just gives my mind something to work on in the morning and my work have been supportive and i told them about how i feel in the mornings and they let me do a 12-4 so i have enough time in the morning to get over how i wake up!
    I feel for you dude because i cant stand mornings neither and i know how scared it makes you feel for the rest off the day! because of how i wake i find myself constantly checking my pulse throughout the day and doing stupid crazy things like that

Thanks guys.

I'm the exact same as you Sabre and it's nice to know I'm not the only one, it's made me feel a little better. I wish the CBT people would give me an appointment because I feel I could give someone else my problems that's really do understand and can help me get focused. I think the one thing that worries me is that if I have a phased return to work I wouldn't have enough money to pay the bills, I think I could get away with doing 20hrs though.

I'm gonna try and another 2 weeks off then get my self geared up for work, do some meditation and try to get things rolling.

I hear you JayUk! (hence my login name!!). Mornings are the absolute pits. I think I said before you GP can give you a sick note that says reduced hours, altered duties or phased return. I was on altered hours - did 20hrs/week for 4 weeks which was great. Gave me some routine and focus, but gave me time to come to in the mornings. I was on full pay during this time (I'm public sector..). I'm not sure what your work is like or how long you've been off, but worth looking into.

Thread Information