Thread: propanolol

Question propanolol

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on here in such a very long time, I've spent ages reading all your posts though inbetween. I thought I was finally 'on track' last year but recently have found myself lost in this lonely world of uncertainty and fear - again.

In 2010 I was diagnosed with ectopic heart beats by a cardiologist after a 24 hour monitor test and after counselling convinced myself that it was nothing life threatening and all due to my anxiety. However, recently I have started have more of the ectopics and started with dizziness, although not always at the same time. My new gp has referred me back to a cardiologist for further tests!!!!!!!! And now I feel I am back to square one, constant worry over my heart. I have been given 40mg of proponlol (beta blocker) twice a day. I am petrified to take one, I've had them 2 weeks now and are too frightened to take them. The gp said to make sure I wasn't alone the first time I took it - which has heightened my fears along with ready the side effects. My dad also collapsed on beta blockers!!!!!!!! Any advice? :

Smile Re: propanolol

hi,

I was given propanolol 40mg a few weeks ago for a wandering atrial pacemaker like you i get a fast heart rate ect and was seen by the cardiologist. i was a little bit worried about taking them but found i got on really well with them with no side effects at all. although they did not work for me i am now on bisoprolol beta blockers. but had no problems at all on the propanolol. hope all goes well.

Re: propanolol

Im sorry to hear you have been having a tough time, it sounds like you have really been through the mill. I'm sure that if you spoke to your GP and asked him or her he would gladly explain to you to put your mind at ease

all the best,

Friendly, non-judgmental listener,
    Also a Huge fan of CBT
    Meditation & Exercise

A free series of audio downloads introducing mindfulness and meditation are available from HERE

Thread Information