Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cbt assessment tomorrow any 1 else had 1?? please reply x

cbt assessment tomorrow any 1 else had 1?? please reply x

hi all , i got a 10 am assesement tomorrow im ****ting myself , what do i expect and has any 1 else had 1 on the nhs??

im not looking forward to telling some 1 strange in authority my harm thoughts!!!!

can any 1 give words of comfort or expierence on this please..??

xx

Re: cbt assessment tomorrow any 1 else had 1?? please reply x

grrrrrrrrrrrrr sorry this post is from me, i wish my son would log out lol

Hi petram,
    I have had an assessment 2 actually and really they have heard it all before if not worse. I was abit weiry of telling them all my thoughts so I wrote it down so even if i couldnt say it i could atleast show them it and when i did tell them they didnt even bat an eyelid. They wont judge you, they're there to help you, I hope it all goes well for you as i'm sure it will, expect to be nervous. Even telling someone made me feel a whole lot better. Let us know how you get on.

Hi Petra let me know how it goes!! Hopefully they can help x

Hey
    its fantastic you have NOTHING atall to worry about trust me.
    I have had CBT before with great results. Learning to open up and express how you feel and what your thinking to these people is a fantastic pathway to success.

They will just ask you a load of questions and possibly give you a scale of 1-10 on certain topics to how bad things make you feel!! you will be fine and are in good hands. Good luck x

thank u all so much il let u know, do any of u have harm ocd tho??? xx

Yeah I do Petram

thx mck xx god me nerves are building up now 40 mins to go !!

Hi Petram I just wanted to tell you that I have had CBT on the NHS for my OCD and I also have suffered badly from the harm thoughts. My CBT counsellor was wonderful, she understood. They don't judge you no matter what you tell them, it is very common. Also she gave me a list of all the thoughts people have and just how common it is. What was interesting is that people without OCD also experience these thoughts but they don't latch on to them like we do, they just let them go, don't give them power and they don't experience the self doubt. That is the difference between OCD sufferers and people who don't have OCD. It was a relief to hear that. Loads of luck!

thank u all , i must say the man i see was fantastic , not judgemental at all , really nice explained it all , he said in his whole career he d never met any one whom had never had cbt therapy but had actually done it herself on n off for 12 years whilst suffering lapses off it , he said this is another lapse n everybody has intrusive thoughts its ocd sufferers that think the thoughts are as bad as the action s when in reality others whom are less sensitive to pure o /ocd dont attatch itself , he said it has retrumaed me again as over the years it had passed and the harm thoughts had 99.5 % gone completly , so when hit again by another lapse it can trauma us still years later this is why the cbt proves successfull in our learning curb in life , he also said it can be genetic ie run in families or and can be a chmical inbalance which in turn he said with me id need meds for life , but thats not a problem to me has he explained diabetics need insulin. simple as that . so im still on the list although he thinks i may be ok coz of my own taught cbt in dealing but i insisted in saying NO id actually like some treatment on a 1 too 1 however if some 1 was more in need i was happy to be un prioritised at this time , however i am still struggling ... but i some one out there is going through this for the 1st time ... u will all agree its pure hell . so basically i was told to accept the thoughts and in time the anxiety n tears will gradually go away because the less attention given to them the better n they will fade away . xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information