Thread: Colon Cancer worry! anyone ever been through it? im having numerous signs & symptoms

Question Colon Cancer worry! anyone ever been through it? im having numerous signs & symptoms

Hey Guys, I haven't been on this site for a while now. However, i have been suffering from very loose stools, when they are solid.....at times they are covered in blood or blood is visible on the tissue. This only happens a few times a year. I have been suffering for 3 or more years now.
    Quite recently, blood tests showed anemia (enlarged red blood cells) and inflammation. After the second lot of tests, my doctor advised the inflammation had gone down and that it was iron deficiency anemia. Along with all of this, i have been very tired, depressed (im on 200mg sertraline) from time to time my lower back goes on me. my stomach is bloated and my weight is up and down. I have been quite ill in myself over xmas and missed a lot due to sleeping, then i got a cold, sinus infection and problems with my energy when walking places. seems i get out of breath quite easy.
    As you can imagine, all this is really starting to worry me now. I have my pre-assessment for a colonoscopy in feb.

Has anyone been through this? If so, please shed some light as i am going out of my mind.

Many thanks peeps, lots of support is needed at the moment!!

Re: Colon Cancer worry! anyone ever been through it? im having numerous signs & sympt

I'm sure its not the case.. we always think the worst

It could well end up being colitis or crohns disease, if you don't have piles or anal fissures. These are very inconvenient things to have, but can be managed by diet, my brother has colitis himself and manages fine these days without medication.

I'm sure its not colon cancer so I wouldn't stress about it and I'm sure the colonoscopy you have will give you some answers!

Good luck!

Re: Colon Cancer worry! anyone ever been through it? im having numerous signs & sympt

I generally worry i have colon cancer everyday I try not to think about it though but since ive had my poos checked recently i feel a bit btter about it.

Did you ever have your colonoscopy in the end love? How was it?!

Hi,

Yes I had the colonoscopy, it all came back clear.....which I was very pleased with. Then out of no where, there was blood in my urine and numbness in my legs etc etc.

Anyways, I think a lot of the symptoms were just from being run down, however the doctor sent me for an MRI scan to ensure It was nothing serious. It came back with a degenerated disc in the Lumber area,

Thank you for the replies, sorry it has been a while, been a busy bee

I have massive anxiety about colon cancer it started when I got a few flat BMs I don't have them every time it's intermittent , I examin every stool it's consumes my every minutes so I empathise with you , I had sigmoidoscopy and barium enema and I'm suppose to have a colonoscopy but I've put it off , my anxiety got worse when I found my brother dead 5Mths ago suddenly no warning :( and of course my HA gone worse .
    I want some CBT but my doctors will not offer it I feel like I have no life with it ....... Hope you get yourself sorted soon

Thread Information