Thread: Health anxiety because of a minor incident

Health anxiety because of a minor incident

Dear All,

This is my first post in the forum.
    I am yet to introduce myself. But I am feeling extremely anxious due an incident that happened on the 24th January ( ie last tuesday). I thought I should get it off my chest and get some advice.

I am one of those people, who, when carrying an umbrella, shines, and without an umbrella, rains.

I get extremely anxious about everything, especially about my son.

Last tuesday he was playing as normal, and sipping water out of a water bottle.
    There was a snow globe on the table, and he was standing pretty close to the table and sipping water. Its one of the bottles, where the straw comes sideways.

I accidentally dropped my cup, which fell on the snow globe. The snow globe broke and water spilt out along with pieces of glasses. The globe did not explode or anything, but broke in 2 patches.

That moment onwards I am worrying, what if a piece of glass has gone into his mouth? What is a piece of glass has gone into his nose?

I was watching as soon as he finishes his toilet since tuesday, but it all seems OK to me.

My wife thinks I am extremely pessimistic and no piece of glass would have gone in, and if it had gone it, it will show up right away.

Soon after the incident, I noticed that my son was totally dry, and not a spot of water on his face. He also told me me that nothing had gone into his mouth.

I am still worried.

Thanks all.

Re: Health anxiety because of a minor incident

Hello and welcome to No More Panic It feels good to write concerns here, we all try to support as much as we can, even though we are no Doctors or anything.

I think it's very normal to have worries when one has children. It's a part of being a parent. It's good to be cautious and protective but I also always try to keep in mind that too much worry actually can invite ill things. And your extreme amount of concerns may, later, lead you to have more stress and then bring stress related problems.
    Feel better soon.

The odds of that happening are incredibly high and you have to believe that it didnt happen.

Irrational thoughts are all part and parcel of anxiety, if he HAD swallowed something it would have likely been noticed very quickly, also whats to say that he couldnt have swallowed it and passed it normally anyway?

Children are very tough and versatile when it comes to these things.

99% sure Ive swallowed glass shards in my lifetime from chewing things.

William Butler Yeats

MY STORY: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42149

Thanks all.

Thread Information