Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling cold

Re: Feeling cold

Hiya , Yeah my gas bill is also high, thick socks help but sometime i cant explain it i just feel cold inside , which is maybe why the roof of my mouth is cold. doctor said i have cold mouth cozza acid reflux. im not convinced personally. xx

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

yes lou i always get goosbumps and shivers, very strange xx

Quote Originally Posted by chelley27 View Post
    Hi everyone.

How many of you have the feeling of " you just can not get warm" with anxiety? im freezing at the mo and have been for days even with the heating and fire on together.

anyone else experience this? xx
    Hi Chelly

Absolutely. When my anxiety is really extreme I cannot get warm no matter what. Back at the beginning of December I was going through a really bad spell and was frozen to the core. Get this I had 2 jumpers on, a dressing gown, was lying under a goose down duvet with the gas fire on full blast and I was still freezing.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think when you are extremely anxious and in the "fight of flight" phase all the blood is directed towards your internal organs and away from your skin and that's why we get so cold.

Hope you feel a bit warmer and better soon.

Sarah x

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAngst View Post
    Hi Chelly

Absolutely. When my anxiety is really extreme I cannot get warm no matter what. Back at the beginning of December I was going through a really bad spell and was frozen to the core. Get this I had 2 jumpers on, a dressing gown, was lying under a goose down duvet with the gas fire on full blast and I was still freezing.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think when you are extremely anxious and in the "fight of flight" phase all the blood is directed towards your internal organs and away from your skin and that's why we get so cold.

Hope you feel a bit warmer and better soon.

Sarah x
    Thank you Sarah, that would make a lot of sense, i never thought of it like that, i wonder if thats why my roof of mouth is cold then? at the minute im not too cold, but the roof of my mouth is freezing like a menthol kind of sensation. so horrible.
    hope you get warm too xx

Omg! Same the original poster. Been freezing for days, with the heating right up, a jumper and blanket on. Anyone else get this? It’s reassuring to hear, the more people speak of it as a symptom - as I’m worried it’s my thyroid. I was on the verge of hypothyroidism and I hope I don’t have that now. I was thinking it could be stress/anxiety!

Honestly when I'm particularly anxious my temperature control completely goes to pot. I seem to get particularly sensitive to temperature changes, warm weather makes me too hot and cooler weather makes me very cold. Although I prefer it cooler as I can just keep adding layers whereas I can only take so much off.

I’m always cold, but I’m always anxious.
    I’ve just accepted it as part of my anxiety response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information