Thread: Want my life back

Want my life back

Hi guys I'm feeling really down with life at the moment and I can't see a way out I'm constantly getting panick attacks which stops me from going out the house incase I have one in public,can't do anything I used to enjoy like playing footie going out with friends ect.i took my first venlafaxine today after weeks of just staring at the box not wanting to take them, and today has been the worse ever for panic and anxiety feels like I'm gona die, I just can't see away out of this hole coz iv been trying to fight it for months

Re: Want my life back

I've been exactly where you are right now many times... I am still struggling but have some good days so it's all I can do to stay positive and hope that as time goes on the good days will out number the bad. Starting a new medication is never easy and is going to take an adjustment period, but try to stick with it because what if this is the med that gets you back to living your life again? I know it feels like we are dying and what we go through can be horrible at times but you still have plenty of fight left in you... We all do!!! You will get through this.

Hang in there Kev - I know things seem really bleak right now but you WILL get better and you have to believe in that to get you throught it. I don't know about your meds but I take citalopram and it did take a while to kick in. It does get worse before it gets better but you won't look back. Good luck!

I dont take meds anymore, but they do take a while to kick in initially.
    but remember this : you have an attack and THEN you panic... you cant stop an attack but you can choose not to panic.... i havent had a panic attack in years... i still have the odd attack, where i feel my heartbeat getting faster, or dizziness coming on... but i DONT panic, i just say yeah whatever and ignore it, and it dies off... without the fuel (adrenaline) you cant have a panic attack... its all the 'oh my god whats happening' thoughts that start the adrenaline off... dont let the attack scare you and you wont panic!
    Last edited by Stormsky; 29-01-12 at 09:43. Reason: added

Hi Kev!
    I was wandering where you were! You are very brave for trying to take control of your life! It's not easy but you are already doing it!! Hang in there Kev!

Thread Information