Thread: A come back

A come back

Hi,

I don't know if any one remembers me from 2009 and before but I'm back!
    I am a mum to a toddler, I work part time in the caring profession, I am in my mid twenties (I forget exactly which side of 25 lol).

I am having a bit of a difficult time, I've been down since early Dec, Dr has had me on Fluoxetine but it isn't really stabilising the situation, she is changing me to Mitazipine. So I was 40mg of Fluoxetine, now 20mg for 7 days (this is day 6 but on day 4 I forgot to take it as I was so busy at work), then I have four days with nothing (which I am really worried about) and then start the mitazipine.

The switchover period is feeling really strange, yesterday I think I had an episode of mania, I spent EVERYTHING in our bank account on clothes.

This is putting such a strain on my relationship.

I have come here for a bit of support.

Thanks

Toast xxx

Re: A come back

Hi and welcome back good luck with the change over, ive very often spent everything in our bank account on clothes xx

Hi Toast
    Whats made you feel down?
    I dont take meds anymore, and dont have any experience of the ones your on... I know they can take a while to adjust to though, and for a period of time can make things worse for you...
    Blimey spent everything in your bank on clothes! never done that myself ! still you could always return them tomorrow!!!!

My grandmother who we live with has been very unwell, I have to look after her and my toddler. The rest of my family have been no help, only stressing me out.
    We have had financial concerns and one of our cars is off the road. It's been a hard time.
    The worst bit is, I liked the 'high' don't give a flip, money isn't real anyway feeling and I don't really want to take the clothes back (I'm very low on clothes anyway). But I know it was a mental thing to do and I know it would be more healthy to take them back. After I realised I was high, I called my partner straightaway, he was at work and I left a confessional voicemail. He came in late last night, it was tense but he was not angry, just silent. He doesn't really believe in mental health, he thinks I should 'control' it better. I love him, we are usually so good together and I don't want to lose him but I know my behaviour is pushing him.

xxx

Thread Information