Thread: Chamomile for blood pressure readings?

Chamomile for blood pressure readings?

Hey everyone, I got a doctor's appointment tomorrow and of course I'm going to get my blood pressure taken. Just curious if I were to drink some chamomile tea before I go if that would help me relax during my blood pressure reading?

I know I have white coat syndrome. Last time my readings were 133/79 and my heart rate was like 130...I was extremely nervous. I don't know what it is but I can't seem to relax. I used to have one of those wrist blood pressure machines and my readings were always below 120 when I took it at home. My wife made me throw it away since I was obsessing over it. Any thoughts?

Re: Chamomile for blood pressure readings?

I used to have this issue for a while. Now I think I have gotten over it, but the at-home blood pressure cuff honestly made it worse for me. I truly did become obsessive and I couldn't even look at the thing without feeling my blood pressure go up.

I got over sometime this year. I'm honestly not sure how, I think what happened was that I just started to go into doctors appointments expecting to have high readings and realizing that once I explained that I had White Coat Syndrome, they understood and it wasn't a big deal. So when I started to think before an appointment - well it will be high, but that's ok, I know it is just because I am at the doctor - for some reason it went away. Now sometimes it is occasionally very very slightly high, but only if I am nervous about the appointment.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but what is the worst that can happen? Your blood pressure looks high, you know its white coat syndrome, explain it if the doc doesn't already know, and it's over. Worse that can happen is they give you blood pressure medicine to take, but I highly doubt it. I never had a doc that did not understand WCS.

Also just wanted to add that at my worst, I would have been happy for a reading of 133/79! Mine were showing up as 140+ over 90, and then as soon as they were done taking it I could physically feel it go back down.

Thread Information