Thread: Crohns

Question Crohns

I have crohns and get anxious about leaving the house incase of an accident. I would love to know peoples thoughts if they spotted someone having an accident in public? What would your thoughts be?

Re: Crohns

Nicola who owns NMP has crohns too, i'm sure she'll reply to this when she gets online.

personally it wouldn't bother me, i'm a home carer and have seen it happen plenty of times

Hi

I have Crohn's as Di said but I don't let it stop me doing things.

I have never had an accident either.

My consultant told me that if necessary I should take some Imodium if I was going out somewhere and was worried that I would need the loo urgently.

Did you also know that you can get a card that you can show any shopkeeper (for e.g.) that asks them to allow you to use their toilets as you have Crohn's disease and may need the loo urgently. I don't have one but know it exists.

Is your Crohn's well managed?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'd be entirely sympathetic, perhaps because my husband has been in this position as a result of having MS, but hopefully not just because of that. Nicola's advice is good. I only have IBS but I rarely go anywhere without Imodium. Can I ask if you have ever actually had an accident or is it purely a "what if"? x

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Many thanks for your advice. It has never happened but scares me that it will. As soon as I am in a traffic jam for example I think I need to go. I know alot of it is in the mind and makes it worse. Thank you for telling me about the card, it sounds like a great idea!

Thread Information