Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeping into all areas of life and thoughts

Re: Seeping into all areas of life and thoughts

I can totally relate to you. I just started with this OCD stuff. The rumination is terrible, it feels like torture. Because everytime you reassure yourself you just go back around in a circle, and you know you're going to, so the when you feel "reassured" it's kind of dampened because you know your mind is just going to go back around. Has literally made me sick this week... worst feeling ever. So depressing.

UGH

how do you stop this????

Hi dreamingwolf. Yes it is possibly the worst thing ever. It is a really debilitating illness that can really take over your life and it has done mine. There have been periods where I have been completely over taken by it. It's sad really because it makes it hard to get through it, for me it has ruined some of what are meant to be the best parts of life like my 18th Birthday etc.
    Yes you are right, reassurance is short lived because it isn't goign to stop it.

The best way is through a combination of medication and cbt. What I have found really helps me is this podcast called living with obsessive compulsive disorder. It's something of a lifeline for me really. Check it out x

Sorry to hear your having a bad time - what meds are you on - don't wish to pry.

Think I may been suffering from mild Pure O for many years Prozac stopped it for 15 years but stopped working and thoughts/phobias are back and cannot find the right meds. Seeing a psychiatrist on Thursday - have you seen one?

Thanks in advance Laura x

Hello,

My doctor isn't such a good doctor and seems to have the idea that I think positively I wont suffer from depression and ocd anymore! So sadly I havent had a doctor who thinks its necessary to see a psychiatrist! I am on citalopram but to be honest I don't believe it is working. If I wasn't going to live in Spain in 4 days I would be trying to find a better doctor but there we go.

I hope you find it useful seeing a psychiatrist, I think going to see one is helpful and will help in the long run.When I speak to my manager in Spain about next year I am asking to take a year out and work for the company in the UK so I can give myself a year to get myself help once and for all (plus to learn to drive!)xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information