Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transnasal Endoscopy

Re: Transnasal Endoscopy

although transnasal endoscopy may well be new technology (the current scope is rather larger than most of our nostrils!) the usual method of esophageal endoscopy is via the mouth.

are you sure you didnt have a FEES/Videofluroscopy test? asked to swallow some cookies and sip water??? there are half a dozen tests along the same lines but id be very impressed if they now use an endoscope through the nose as I think it needs to be at least 13mm diameter to open the gullet up as it moves through. a thin scope through the nose would be more likely to bend and be hard to guide.

im currently having a 24hr PH monitoring and this goes via the nose using a small acid sensing tube.

Hi stuart39.

No it was a Transnasal Endoscopy. Nice small endoscope easy guided and hardly any discomfit at all. They reckon it is the was forward as it is quicker and no need for sedation.

I went for the endoscopy dreading it as reading all the horror storys but was given to option either via mouth or nose (so i jumped at the choice of the nose) after it was explained to me.

But i wish they had given me some cookies

Hi,
    Just found through google.

I may need another endocospy soon, something I am dreading - I've had 4 & the sedation was rubbish.

Do you know if the transnasal endocospy is available at the Royal Berks Hospital in Reading, if so can I request this test instead of having the scope down my throat?

I am having a lot of pain etc from my stomach lately (I've got pyloric stenosis) but have put off phoning my GP as I'm so scared of having the scope down my throat again.

I am very stressed at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information