Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HORMONES AND ANXIETY - Estrogen dominant ?

HORMONES AND ANXIETY - Estrogen dominant ?

4 years ago I had hormone testing done by my gp to see if my problems could stem from my hormone levels.........
    the results came back normal.

last month I decided to pay for a private clinic for a evaluation
    of my hormones and today i have recieved my results as follows;

my estrogen levels are in normal range.
    My progeterone levels are low, they should be a score of 100 - 600 but i scored 35 !
    It tells me having plenty of estrogen and not enough progesterone will cause some of the following symptoms.......

low body tempature/fatigue/low stamina/depression/foggy thinking/anxiety/fibromyalgia/brittle nails and hair/puffy eyes/decreased sweating and constipation.

It tells me to take my evaluation report to my health care provider for treatment.

I AM SHOCKED [:O]

mirryx

wow!!Makes you think doesnt it???I remember asking my dr about hormones and he said the levels fluctate all the time ,so i wonder if thats why we have good days and bad days AND i wonder if we didnt have to PAY for these tests and it is hormonal,it would save a lot of heartache and time spent having other tests whish would then save the nhs money????My anxiety levels swnt up after the menapuse i know that much Mirry!Hope you feelinf a bit brighter chicken .love mart-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Yes it does make you think
    I was wondering why i was more anxious.
    I have been going through the menopause and not sleeping, hot flushes etc.
    Perhaps hormone levels are responsible for my worsening anxiety.

what can be done about it tho? I cant take hormone replacement therapy because of other health problems

Pam

Its left me rather concerned,
    Its saying even tho my eostrogen levels are in normal range, the fact that my progesterone levels are so low, means that i am eostrogen dominant.......not a good balance.

whats even more interesting is this....

Progesterone: a hormone produced by the ovaries after ovulation and in lesser amounts by the adrenal glands. A precursor to most of the steriod hormones.
    It has many vital functions, from maintaining pregnancy to regulating menstrual cycles.
    It has calming and diuretic properties and enhances the beneficial effects of estrogens while preventing problems linked to estrogen excess.

mirryx

Hi Mirry,

That's all very interesting! Maybe you should take the results to your doctor and discuss them.

I have alot of hormone troubles and suffer from polycystic ovaries aswell and my hormones can be all over the place. I do however find that my anxiety is worst when my period is due and at this time of the month progesterone is at it's higest, so for me it's progesteron that makes me more panicky and my doctor has confirmed this. Hormones are such complicated things!

Good luck,

Lisa

take a look at this all about eostrogen dominance...cant belive it says it actually causes PANIC !!!

http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index....549&cftoken=46
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

also this is the laboratory who done my hormone test........

http://www.salivatest.com/

I HAVE GOT A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT ON THURSDAY TO DISCUSS MY RESULTS, I AM SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS !

mirryx

I really hope that your doctor can help you with this. I am convinced about this having an impact on your anxiety levels. I too have polycystic ovaries and dont have any menustral cycle at all so I am never sure what is happening with my hormone levels. I was going to speak to my doctor about doing some levels checks and having read your posting I am definitely gonna ask. Good luck at your doctor's appointment - hope its some positive news. x

Hi,
    My anxiety is always ALOT worse just before and during my periods,i was told by a herbalist to have my hormone levels checked but the basic hormone tests ar not very good at spotting abnormalities and to ask for a more detailed one,i never did have one done because i couldnt face leaving the house,i think its time i had one done now. So if you do ask for a test please ask for the more thorough test,im pretty sure you can have them done on the nhs.

Also i think evening primrose oil is supposed to be very good at balancing out hormones.

Take care xx

Its is well established that hormones can have a direct effect on anxiety.
    Many Gps will include a hormone screen in the initial check up everyone should have when first presenting with acute anxiety.

period trouble [ladies please]
    one for the females
    ok - here's a REALLY strange question !!!
    girls only
    PMT PANIC
    PMT, tiredness, and feeling of unreality
    Bleuuuuuurgh -for the girls on here!
    time of the month
    same time of the month, same ****!

http://www.nomorepanic.org.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3362

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Brenda, I wonder if you can take;
    Transdermal progesterone cream ? its the natural way of getting the progesterone into you body without taking synthetic man made pills...
    this is what i want to use because its meant to really work better than the pills without the side effects.

Lisa, my anxiety is very bad at the time of the month when progesterone is at its highest peak, but my peak was only a score of 35 so having unbalanced hormones also gives you horrible symptoms.

mirryx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information