Thread: 12 weeks

12 weeks

I have been taking 20mg of cipralex for 12 weeks would no good results apart from the odd good day.i havent got a pysch apt until March but my Gp has rang him and he thinks pyschotherapy would be more use so now I have to wait for that with no help to control my overwhelming anxiety.

Any suggestions

Joy

Re: 12 weeks

Hi joy, it can be very hard when you just want to get better, but if you are not feeling any benefit all all from the cit, maybe you should ask for a change.

Having said that, they may just be on the verge of working for you, they do take time to work, they worked for me for a while, but i have had to change meds as i was never quite 100%.

Why not speak to your gp again and ask for some help with your anxiety in the short term to give your body a break, good luck xx

12wks is a long time to wait for a med to take effect... perhaps they are just not for you, or you need a higher dose?

Stormsky
    20mg is the highest dose of cipralex and I've tried most other meds so shrink is at a loss.

Pink Dove

I'm on cipralex not citalopram, diazapam etc doesnt work for me so the Gp is at a loss as well as the shrink. They both suggest talking therapy is the answer. Trouble is I have to wait for that

Joy

then perhaps perserve with what youve got and wait for therapy... either that or stop the meds, and im sure you dont want to do that for now..
    I dont take meds anymore, been off them 5 months, i dont think they cure the problems- not for me anyway-
    its not easy and ive been tempted many a day to go see gp for more, but ive got no faith in the meds...

I am so sorry to hear you're not responding satisfactorily to the cipralex. I do know that it can take some time to really start feeling better. I was up and down for the first 4 months and am noticing only now in the past month that I've had some continuing relief. I feel really well these days and more like myself - in fact better than I have since this relapse started last May.
    I do hope you find some help and soon!
    Take care.

Thread Information