Thread: Waiting for Blood Test Results

Waiting for Blood Test Results

Hey all, on monday I went to doctor, finally, due to my slight disturbance and pain on right side under ribcage. I described all to doctor, he asked many questions.
    He found my heart rate a bit faster than normal, but other than this he asked like for every blood test possible :S
    Including; thyroids, blood sugar, cholesterol / fat in blood, liver functions, possible infections, and other general blood check up degrees. I wasn't expecting that much. Actually it's sort of fine, but if I have the results good. He examined my abdomen himself also, but didn't say much about it.

Actually this is making me feel more disturbed and anxious :/
    He didn't make any comment but he kept on talking about a possible gallbladder infection or intestinal issue (colitis), even though I told him that I am not experiencing any serious pain.
    I hope that the results will be OK. Hard to wait. I am literally eating my mind here. So hard to wait, 1 week or so.

Re: Waiting for Blood Test Results

Good for you for going! It is so hard sometimes to get the courage to go through this, but it is a good thing that he is testing all that stuff because then you will have a definitive answer and no need to keep worrying anymore with "What if?"

Waiting really is awful though! I had to get a biopsy done on a patch of skin on my back and had to wait a week for the results, and it was so hard. Hang in there, keep busy, and just know that theres a light at the end of the tunnel and you are doing the right thing.

You are going to feel much better once you get the results (which will more than likely be fine!). I had a complete blood work done not too long ago and was very worried about getting bad news...I have so many symptoms 24/7 I was sure they would find something horrible. All that came back a little low was my potassium levels, so doctor told me to eat more bananas! Good luck to you and keep us posted. Xx

Thank you all I am hoping and just waiting, since there is nothing much to do about it.
    I gave the blood samples, no returning back.

Thread Information