Thread: Advice On Vomit Phobia!

Advice On Vomit Phobia!

So ever since i was little i was always scared of vomiting or watching people vomit. Its to the point when i dont feel good or See someone being sick i have a panic attack and will start crying. Since novemeber ive been having anxiety attack and im not sure if the phobia triggered it right now i am Zpak for strep throat and ive been feeling ill because i fear of getting sick! These next 3 days are going to be horrible for me. And sure enough i had to research stuff which made things worse! Can someone please help me over come this fear or give me some advice on what i should do? I feel like if i dont get better im never going to be able to leave my house because im going to be sick! :(

Re: Advice On Vomit Phobia!

Hi Jen, how many times have you actually vomited?

That I Can Remember Once.

Hi Jen,
    I suffer from pretty much the same thing and right now im panicking that my son will get sick, so far its been 24 hours since he was near the sick person, ive got 48 to go until I can maybe relax.

Have you spoken to your gp about this?

S xx

No i Havent But I Am Doing Some Sort Of Therpy For My Phobia& Anxiety.
    I Hope Your Son Gets Better Because I Know How It Feels To Be So Afraid Of Vomit But Have To Deal With It.

JenBernal; i don't think i'll be any help to you, but you say you was scared of vomit at a young age and wanted to say, i know how you feel. I'm 13 and started to become extremely scared of vomit just a few years ago, and now i can't stand it. I've even cried when i've seen vomit, but i've managed to prevent myself from vomiting in the last year or so. If you need anything, just contact me x

Your`e very lucky to only have vomited once in your life, if only we were all that fortunate!

, 15:29
    JenBernal

Advice On Vomit Phobia!
    So ever since i was little i was always scared of vomiting or watching people vomit. Its to the point when i dont feel good or See someone being sick i have a panic attack and will start crying. Since novemeber ive been having anxiety attack and im not sure if the phobia triggered it right now i am Zpak for strep throat and ive been feeling ill because i fear of getting sick! These next 3 days are going to be horrible for me. And sure enough i had to research stuff which made things worse! Can someone please help me over come this fear or give me some advice on what i should do? I feel like if i dont get better im never going to be able to leave my house because im going to be sick! :(
    , 15:29
    JenBernal

Advice On Vomit Phobia!

hey JenBernal - there are lots of posts going on here at the mo regarding emetophobia. i just posted on a couple of them. if you search on the "v" word or "emetophobia" & take a look, there's plenty of good advice in there. i now realise there are loads of people who feel pretty much the same as me (including you). there is help at hand.... i find distracting myself is best. yes ok, it sounds simple but when the thoughts come over me, i change where i am focusing. CBT helped me get through it. i was doing cbt for other things but after 18 months finally braved the subject with my therapist. you are most definitely not alone in this, so have a search of the site as i think you'll see posts that will be quite reassuring to you. i'd love to make promises to you about it wont happen again but that would be unfair because it's a fact of life that it might. i've found that damage limitation is the best bet..... & getting on with life as best as possible whilst focusing away from the problem

Thread Information