Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 16 year old cat in pet hospital

My 16 year old cat in pet hospital

Hi everyone my anxiety has hit the roof as my cat has kidney problems and has been in the pet hospital overnight on a drip...I feel sick with worry....and the thoughts have got huge again. I know OCD thoughts are worse with anxiety but it's a double wammy, worrying about my cat and then the thoughts and fear on top. I feel exhausted today and cannot concentrate. Just needed to share as my heart is racing waiting to hear if he will be okay. I can't bare the thought that he is so weak and may get worse.....Ellie.

Re: My 16 year old cat in pet hospital

Oh I'm sorry Ellie. I hope your cat gets better soon! I know its awful when your just waiting to hear and doubly horrible when the bad thoughts start.

You are right though, when you are anxious then you tend to get more intrusive thoughts which obviously makes you feel worse!
    Take care and keep us up to date xxx

Hi ellie, sending you and hope your cat is ok, i know how hard it can be when your pet is ill, but he is in the right place xx

Thankyou so much for the lovely messages. My Tom is home now he has picked up, I think my anxiety was creating the worse case senario, been having panics all day and trying to calm myself down. I have been writing and challenging the thoughts and met my son for lunch so a lot beeter then last night. It's an ongoing battle isn't it? Thankyou again you lovely people...Ellie

Ah that's such good news! I know how you feel, I have two cats and they are so lovely (when they want to be!) and I would be the same. I remember when we first got them and I took them to be spayed. I was looking at my phone all day to make sure I didn't have a message from the vets! God love them! x

hi capricorn....
    i have similar times when family/pets have been ill and i defo found my anxiety and thoughts became so much worse. i think a common issue with ocd etc is that you do jump to the worst case scenario....i know i do......
    anyway im so pleased that your cat is ok
    take care, hope u feel better soon

Thankyou so much star2001, it's so good to share. My cat Tom is okay now, but I am feeling quite flat and low, think my moods dip when my hormonal levels change, so going to get some supplements and do my positive writing later. Keep in touch everyone.

Hi ellie so glad your cat is ok now and your anxiety will be high, we all get like that when there is something to cause it, i hope you feel better soon xx

positive writing??? thats sounds interesting???

Yes I do write a lot though it could be linked with OCD. I make lists of things I want to do, appointments, positive affirmations and challenges,goals etc., it makes me feel loads better as gets all the crap out of my head also. I get so insecure and scared a lot but writing it all out and reading it back takes the edge off my anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information