Thread: Allergies?

Allergies?

Hi
    Im sorry if people are sick of me posting about allergies etc but i will keep this short

about a year or so ago i used to eat ben and jerrys fudge brownie icecream alot, it was my fav icecream but then i seemed to stop because they are so expensive to buy!!

However they are on offer today and my partner has bought me one.

Only thing is i am dying to eat it but im scared incase i will have an allergic reaction to it so im warey of having any.

Last time i ate it i never had any reaction to it, just loved it so much but im scared incase somehow i might be allergeric to it now and i will eat it then stop breathing or whatever.

I just want some reassurance really as to what people think are the chances i will be allergic to it. As far as i know im not allergic to anything as i know because in the past i have ate nuts etc and been fine but its the last year or so im scared to eat these things anymore. but years ago always used to.

Thankyou

Re: Allergies?

You sound just like me! 5 years ago I suddenly became afraid of being allergic to things like nuts and fish, even though I used to eat sushi and nuts. I still eat these things, and I'm certainly not allergic to them, but just like you I was always afraid of having a reaction. It sounds very scary.

My advice would be that generally, if you had it before, you're probably going to be alright. That said, usually knowing that never calms me down, so what I do is just make sure I have benedryl or some other antihistamine near me incase of a reaction.

If your not allergic to any other foods (like me) its pretty unlikely youll have a serious reaction to something like that. Though I can tell you theres been a million times I thought my throat was swelling, and nothing was really happening.

It also helps if you eat the foods your scared to eat often, and somewhere you feel safe, so you get comfortable with them. I used to drive to the hospital, sit in the parking lot and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After a week or so of this I kind of realized its just the way an anxious mind works. Good luck, and enjoy your food!

Re: Allergies?

Hello everyone. I want to discuss a serious problem with you friends. I have allergy from fish. I know that fish is a good thing to eat but i can't eat fish because i have allergy from it. kindly give me some tips that how can i get rid of this problem. Reply must. Thanks.

Thread Information