Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here, wide awake

New here, wide awake

Hey I'm wide awake and desperate for some help...I saw a spider run right past my bed...now I can't go back to bed, because my parents couldn't find it...I know it's still there. I feel like they're stalking me or something, there are spiders everywhere. I'm shaking and crying and can't relax...I don't even want to sit here in front of the computer because I feel like they're everywhere I can't see.

Please give me any advice you can. I need it, I'm by myself, anything at all will help because I'll feel less like I'm by myself.

And I'm really, really tired.

Hi there

I hate spiders too but they won't hurt you. They are more scared of us.
    It will avoid you at all costs trust me.

It will go soon

Nicola

I know how hard it is to try to sleep when you are scared!!
    I looked for some spider facts that might make you feel a little safer and this is what I found...
    * Spiders and insects eat bugs, not people.
    * Spiders and bugs are scared of people. Even the smallest child is a giant compared to a tiny bug.
    * You can run faster than any spider or insect.
    Also less than 0.5% of all spiders in the world are able to penetrate human skin

Hope it helps you to be able to sleep easier

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

Hi Longview
    Welcome to the forum - spiders scare me silly too but like Nicola and Sandy say, they can't hurt you. Hope you managed to get some sleep.
    Love Helen

Hi Longview
    Welcome. I used to be the same, i couldn't rest if i knew a spider was there. I've overcome that fear, i love my garden and have to do things in it, there are so many insects and spiders out there I've just got used to it. I was actually able to use paper and a glass to remove one the other day, i could never do that before. My daughter is scared now though, hyperventllates at the sight of them, so I'm trying to work out a way to help her, I've told her to 'talk' to them as a first reaction, 'oh hello' rather than scream etc. when your heart jumps a beat on sight of them to try and keep calm. Sounds silly but it worked for me.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Longview and welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Hi Longview,

You will be made very welcome here.

Take Care

Mandy x

Hi Longview,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

try your hardest to realsie that they are more frightened of you. think of how big you look to them and how small they are

spiders cannot hurt you

i know its hard but they really cannot

jackie

Hi Longview, If you are still scared just turn on the lights, check out your room and reasure yourself that the spider is gone. Then set down and take some deep breaths. Spiders can be very scary, I understand I feel the same way. But they are more likely more scared of us than we are of them. So just think of it that way. Now do some thing relaxing or something that makes you happy to get your mind off of the problem. Okay! Hope you are better.
    Twila

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information