Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction anxiety depression sufferer on prozac

Talking Introduction anxiety depression sufferer on prozac

Hi, I'm on day 5 using fluxentine. I have been suffering from depression for quite a while but not had the guts to admit to it or do anything about it. But now I have hit rock bottom so took a big step and got help. After mind numbingly boring days of sitting and starring into space feeling tremendous guilt towards my children that we never go out anymore. I thought it's time to sort myself out. I feel a weight off my shoulders to just admit that I have a problem so hopefully thats given me the boost to get through these horrible side effects- increased anxiety, shakes, headaches and terrible nausea. Fingers crossed I'll start reaping the benefits of the medication soon.

Hi jodles83

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: Introduction anxiety depression sufferer on prozac

Hi Jodles and

Talking Re: Introduction anxiety depression sufferer on prozac

Thanks william wallace

Hi Jodles83

I am on day 13 of Fluoxetine. I have headaches still, can't concentrate, feel quite drunk when I talk (although no one else has noticed it), had flutterings that increase and am v v v tired but I know these are only SE. I feel better in myself than I did but it takes time for the meds to kick in.

Got my first review meeting with GP tomorrow so hoping all goes well.

Hi Jodles - I am on day 2! but been here before - managed to go to work - a big meeting! Felt odd - nausea - and weird - was on it first for 15 years and it is so worth it - so here goes round 2! The side effects are awful aren't they. Good Luck Laura x

Good luck with your review tomorrow, I'm not back till week 4 but might have to go back with my anxiety symptoms. Someone came to pick a bike up I'd sold on ebay and I just started really panicking about them coming and I havn't got a clue why. Feel like I'm losing my marbles.

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Good luck on your journey laura. You seem quite positive on the benefits of the meds so that it's something for me to be optimistic about. Glad I've found people who are going through the same thing. I have a lovely partner but I don't think people can properly understand until they're been through it.

Hi jodless,i used to have major panick attacks even when i knew family and freinds were calling round.I think its due to me being a very independent person who hated the attention i was getting regarding my illness even though they were tryin to help.Ive been on citalapram for 8 months now and theve been great but the side effect for the first 2 months were horrendous,please give your meds time to work properly it may take longer than you think but i found they work great for me keep your chin up were here to help rgds Scott.

Hi scott thanks for your support. I am the same as you very strong willed and independent. So probably the hardest thing for me was admitting their was a problem. After reading everyones comments and stories I feel more at ease that I'm not the only one and this will get better. I'm not going to let side effects get me down. Glad your doing well on your meds. Take care jodie

You sound positive and very switched on Jodie,so iam sure youll get there,keep me informed on your progress take care Scott.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information