Thread: lymph gland

lymph gland

hi i have a lymph node which is about the size of a pea or bean..it is above my coller bone..i have seen the doctor who says that it is ok as its so small..i have rhinitis and am on antibiotics for a sinus and ear infection...i noticed this gland about 4 months ago just at the time i got my flu jab and also had chest infection at the time..it has never got any bigger and is moveable..the doctor sent me for chest x ray just cause i was worried about it and needed my mind putting at rest..results should be back next week. .i have no fever,ichiness or bad night sweats..i am post menapausal and 56 years old..all 3 doctors i have seen say its small and not to worry ...do you think i should be worried ....thanks gina..i would be so grateful of replies x
    Last edited by greenlady; 07-02-12 at 21:24.

Re: lymph gland

Do yourself a favor and stop worrying. I have my own lymph node issues, and trust me you will only make it worse. Pea sized and moveable are what they are supposed to be. You are fine.

i know robin..all rational thought says leave it and then i get the need to check if its still there...then i panic and get irrational thoughts

I am actually in therapy for this very issue. As my therapist put it, the checking just keeps the anxiety up. If you can stop, the anxiety will build (and be worse for a bit) but will level out and then go down. If you keep checking, it will never go down. You will just always be anxious.

I have not been able to stop, but I have reduced it. I have the same problem. I check, it feels better, and I want to check more. Eventually, probaby from checking so much, it gets bigger and then I am bummed. This has been going on for 2 months. Do yourself a favor and do not go down my path

i know my doctors all say it is nothing to worry about..i wish i could just listen...but doubt always steps in..hubby has lumps too as does my friend whohas had one on her neck for years

I had one on my neck, peasized and moveable...I was convinced I had cancer. The doctor I saw said he couldn't be sure what it was!! I freaked out. He sent me for tests at the hospital, they confirmed it was a lymph node and the nurse who took the sample showed me hers I ALWAYS think the worst, every ache, every pain, it's never something simple or obvious, it's always fatal. Ultimately it's me who is making me feel this way. My therapist says I need to allow myself to be happy, but it's hard sometimes. Hope you get the reassurance you need!

thankyou lindy..i know we are own worst enemies..i have been like this for the last 4 years..worrying off and on about various issues..going to see the doctor and then worrying they have missed something..doctor even told me she had one on the side of her face above her ear and had it for years..then saw doctor no 2 and she examined me and said nothing to concern me...went to dr no3 with sinus,ear infection and post nasal drip ..he said i have rhinitis which i know i have had for years...also said it was a small node and nothing to worry about..but as he could see i was worried he asked me would i like a chest x ray..we have to wait 7 days for results ..so hope to get them tomorrow...if i could just stop feeling damn thing maybe it would go away...it always feels tender and i know its because i feel it so much..i have to dig to find it..what are we like...thanks for replying...very grateful of any advice
    gina x
    Last edited by greenlady; 08-02-12 at 14:31.

i have had my tests and my xrays and full blood count came back all normal..so now i think i need to put these fears to bed..i still have an appointment to see the ent ,,this was made before my blood test...thankyou to all who replied..gina xx

Hi
    Oh I so know about this. A couple of years ago I had the swine flu vacine when it first came out...and my lymph glands came up. I used to feel them and fret about them all the time. After 6 weeeks my gp caved in and sent me for a chest xray and neck scan as a precaution. The xray and bloods were clear and the ultra scan showed the lymph glands were fine-but I had Thyroid cysts-well this started another cycle of HA !!! thyroid cysts by the way are nothing to worry about and common in middle aged women !!

took a major panic attack yesterday..went to docs who showed me my blood results all normal...but she is going to hurry along my ent appt as this will surely put the whole thing to bed i hope...my lymphocites were 2 which is really normal she said if i had any form of cancer they would be all over the place..why oh why cant i just say fantastic and leave it at that,,,help someone please to explain why we are like this
    Last edited by greenlady; 25-02-12 at 20:20.

Thread Information