Thread: OCD, anxiety and PMS

OCD, anxiety and PMS

Hi I don't know if this is posted in the right section but I wanted to ask whether anyone finds the OCD and anxiety get much much worse due to PMS. Also can anyone recommend a really good remedy, supplements that has helped this each month and also the dreadful pains and bloatedness, it is so debilitating and hard to function. My emotions and thoughts are ten fold with all this and just want to find out what helps others and to share.

Many many thanks Ellie.

Re: OCD, anxiety and PMS

Hi Ellie,

Yes I do find that during that time of the month my OCD, anxiety and depression is worse. To be honest I haven't found anything really that works. For pain I usually try feminax and a hot water bottle. I usually try watching comedies to improve my mood.

If you find something that works please share with me!
    Take care xx

hi guys im curfrently just finishing my cycle and my anxiety mood n ocd is being more of a bitch than normal , however im on venlafaxine 75mg . its has greatly reduced it but its still here niggling away at me grrrr , hoping by next month it be even less bothersome!!

xxx tc

Thankyou folks...I found out from the health shop that B1, B Complex and magnesium helps...it's so expensive buying supplements though as I am on a tight budget but I think I am going to have to buy them because this is a nightmare each month as you know. I just bought some Feminax as they are supposed to be good for the cramps. I hope you are both okay and bearing up

hey capricorn..... boots do supplements on 3 for 2, and if you have an advantage card you could collect points for the next tiem you nedd to buy?? and barrats and holland often have promotions on.... i know they will still be expensive but hope this helps. I would also agree that my obsessional thoughts and anxiety increased with my hormonal changes during my cycle.....so i went on the contreceptive injection...which has stopped my periods and really reduced my hormonal tendincies...... obviously evryone reacts differently to these things but it may be worth discussing your options with the doc...esp if you have very painful periods. also evening primrose oil is great... one taken everyday....it help lessen my pmt symptoms. good luck... keep us posted

Hi everyone thanksfor the help have just started Evening Primrose Oil and spoke to someone at Holland and Barratt she reckons the EP Oil is the best for all the symptoms I have described....however going to find out about having an implant fitted tonight with nurse at surgery. What a hassle us women have to endure hey?

it will be worth it hun good luck with everything

I recently (six months ago) started having worse ocd symptoms during the 2 weeks before my period. It got so bad I went to see a doctor just yesterday. She said it is PMDD. I've done a lot of internet research about it. Says it is pms that is WAY WORSE than regular pms that is typical for people who already live with some sort of mental/emotional problems. She told me the only proven way to help it is with medication. (the internet had other options). She started me on Fluoxetine. It is supposed to help the regular pms/pmdd aggrivations as well as my everyday ocd. I am not so keen on the idea of taking the medication; I am perfectly fine holding on to my rituals and counting. But I can't be extremely obsessive and violently irritable for two weeks every month. So hopefully this medication helps.

Thread Information