Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prozac day 3 no horrible side effects should I be worried?

Prozac day 3 no horrible side effects should I be worried?

Hi - just started Prozac after a 6 week break (long story) had previously been on 15 years with great success. Only Dr put me on Mirtazapine as had a bereavement in Oct - which did not do a thing. Restarted Prozac 20mg and no horrid side effects so far (day 3)!! As previously they were horrendous - just getting worried they won't work - can anyone give me so positive advice. Thanks Laura x

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Only had a bad headache and very slight nausea but nothing compared to before - it the worst about to come?

Re: Prozac day 3 no horrible side effects should I be worried?

I will move this to the correct forum for you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Laura you may be lucky and have no side effects......i hope so, don't look for them, good luck xx

Hi Pinkdove - oh I do hope so - the last ones were horrific and no internet then - my way of thinking at the moment! Keep fingers crossed. Laura x

Well and good that you're not getting the nasty side effects and i hope it stays this way for you! The med worked for you before and most probably will work again this time!
    As for the SE's, you may not get them this time!

Thanks Naro - what a stupid title I put - I mean really worrying because NOT having side effects - you always think the worst - how are you getting on? Hope you are ok - Laura x

It is still a daily struggle for me Laura, not sleeping, no appetite, shaky and nervous (some of it from my anxiety and some from SE).

This morning though was quite different. I got up at 4am as usual, but no shaking and nervousness! Could I be getting better already?? It turned out that was just a short break, because after 3hrs the anxiety crept in again! And I get more agitated these past 3 days.

Keep posting, you are a brave woman! Help and advice are always available for us here on this forum. You have said it yourself that internet was not available to you then but you did get through just the same! It will be easier now, always come to this forum for encouragement. It is good to know that we are not alone with this affliction!

You are in my thought and prayers!

hang in there!!!
    My first 3 days were great, the following 4 days were dreadful< I even had a to leave work early because i thought I was going to have a seizure> spoke to the doc, these are normal and should pass after day 11.
    I am currently on day 11, feeling better, still very tender breasts, anxiety and worry but I am taking half a Valium in the mornings to help.
    my insomnia is easing off and I am definately improving.

Just stick with it, try keep the bigger picture in mind.

xxx
    Last edited by LadyJane; 17-02-12 at 06:35.

Hi Naro - bless you - what day is it now - you see, like you, having nasty side effects - was strength 20mg? Have woken up tearful and agitated? Have prepared myself as staying with mum and dad - my poor husband, bless him, is at work long hours and I did not want to be on my own! Keep it up and I'll let you know with me. God Bless Laura x

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

LadyJane - Bless you too! You poor thing a seizure? Damned stupid of me looking for side effects! but I know from first time - as mentioned above woke up agitated and tearful - keep you updated and hope your day goes a bit better. Laura x

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Sorry Shelley - just reread you did not have a seizure - good - as regards tender breasts - are you due a period as I don't think would be a side effect, but having said that - think everything imaginable could be! I have been off work but told I could go in on good days! They have been good - brave of you to go to work - nothing worse than feeling poorly, like this at work. Keep in touch x

Hi Laura,

Sounds just like me - I worry if I don't get side effects because I think they're going to hit me and I worry if I do thinking I'm having an adverse reaction. I imagine you'll get some mild effects but probably not too bad as you were taking these such a short time ago.

Take care

Pip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information