Thread: Citalopram-does this sound normal?

Citalopram-does this sound normal?

Hi have started back on Citalopram after a few years of anxiety free(mostly) living. I was starting to obsess about health worries in particular bowel cancers and other such internal nasties. Have been taking my citalopram (20mg) last thing at night before bed and have been waking most nights feeling sick and bloated. Not sure if its the timing of the medication or bowel cancer-any advice before I head back to my gp for yet more tests?

Re: Citalopram-does this sound normal?

Nausea and an upset stomach are very very common side effects of starting Citalopram; I felt the same after starting mine, and it does go away after a couple of weeks.

Hi there,

You get all sorts of side effects during the first few weeks on anti-depressants, including the ones you've described. Give it a while to settle down and see how you feel. Chances are, you'll be feeling much better soon.

I've recently restarted on ADs and the side effects seemed a lot worse thi time. I've put this down to the fact that I had simply forgotten what it was like when I started on them last time.

Take care

Pip

Thanks for the replies-its been a few years since I was last on Citalopram and I think I've maybe just forgotten how it effects you at first. Still stresses me out though-really hard to try to be rational about your fears when you seem to get symptoms to back them up. Have a CT scan to go to and assuming thats okay I might just have to face the facts that I'm okay. Really nice to hear from other people that know what I'm going through I really appreciate it.

Thread Information