Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: set backs on venex or just few bad days?

Re: set backs on venex or just few bad days?

6 weeks ish 3 weeks on 37.5 / 3 weeks on x 2 37.5 mg hun . xx how are u ?

petram are you feeling any positive effects from the 75mg? i have been taking it for 11 days now, see dr on monday, and think she'll want me to increase xx

Pinkdove,

Sorry to interject but I thought my experience might be useful. Like Petra, I started on 37.5mg a day and increased to 75mg 3 weeks or so ago. My anxiety, which was really bad a month ago, is much better and still improving each day.

I've been on venlafaxine before and it helped last time too. It's been over 8 years since the last time and it's just over the last year that I've been struggling and have recently realised I needed to some help to get back on track. My GP prescribed sertraline before Christmas but i couldn't tolerate the side effects. With venlafaxine, I have had far fewer side effects.

Although I know we're all different, I might suggest you give it a little longer before increasing the dose because venlafaxine can take quite a long time to take full effect.

Take care

Pip x

Thanks pip, that is just what i was thinking, i have seen some improvement already, which i know is a good sign, and have had very few side effects.

i really don't want to increase too soon just in case i can settle on this dose, so thanks for the advice and hope you continue to improve xx

Do you know, despite it's bad press, I am quite impressed by this med. Far fewer side effects than I've experienced with others. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kate i am impressed to, so much better than cit, i always felt the effects of cit, fuzzy head, lethargy, amongst other things. since starting ven, i have had no real problems, and already feeling positive effects.....so fingers crossed for us all xx

Yes this is a pleasant surprise isnt it?
    Tonight I'm feeling physically much better and MUCH more optimistic about the future.
    Let's hope this is so for all of us. xx

Oh yes please kate !!!! i am so impressed with this ad, up till now, and so glad you are feeling better too, who knows maybe we've cracked it !! i hope so xx

I was placed on what can only be described as a meteoric cross taper from Citalopram to Venlafaxine, had to slow it down.

This is the start of the 150mg week and the end of Cit and at each stage I have gone through simi.ar to yourself.

Drink killed me, not literally obviously! Had a big hockey social saturday, no hangover, just sleeping all day through no choice of my own.

Keep at it, all we can do is keep fighting and let the good times roll somewhere along the line!

Hi all. I'm not on ven but my GP mentioned it last week so might be starting this week. I've been reading up on it a lot, inc some research studies. The things that are said a lot are that a) studies show more people gain relief from depression and anxiety than those taking SSRIs or a placebo, b) it can take longer for positive effects to be felt, especially for those transferring from another med, c) it's really important to take the med at exactly the same time or times (depending on whether taking single or split doses) everyday. I know this has all been written on nomorepanic before but thought it might be worth repeating here? Sorry if not! Take care all

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information