Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Stop & How (after 4 weeks at 15mg)

Re: Should I Stop & How (after 4 weeks at 15mg)

Quote Originally Posted by lauz_lea View Post
    Thanks Stormsky.

I just want to know that its all reversible - how I'm feeling now will go away without the meds.
    then id say YES it will reverse once they are all out of your system...
    im not saying you wont have anxiety still, but the numbness, lack of emotion is down mainly to meds... i think thats what they are supposed to do, take the edge off all your emotions...make you calm..sedate..... but they end up taking away all of your emotions!

Thanks both, that's reassuring. I've never had such a bad time on meds. They've always worked really well for me after the initial side effects but this time that hasn't been the case. I just wish I knew how long it will be before they're out of my system.

Quote Originally Posted by lauz_lea View Post
    Thanks both, that's reassuring. I've never had such a bad time on meds. They've always worked really well for me after the initial side effects but this time that hasn't been the case. I just wish I knew how long it will be before they're out of my system.
    Doctors tell you its only days before they are out of your system... i dont believe that... i was on amitryptline for 9yrs, and the doc said theyre out after a few days.... they may be, but the effects of them for 9yrs surely dont go in a few days!! they were running /altering my mind for 9yrs, that doesnt go away in a few days!

I know what you mean - I was on paroxetine for around 10 years reduced slowly and came of completely about a year ago, but then I felt my mind chatter coming back and thought would lead to the usual depersonalisation so asked to go back on it. Along with all the side effects, it brought on the depersonalisation after about 5 or 6 weeks and sent me plummeting into such a bad state of desperation that the doc and I decided to try mirtazepine. This gave me some relief straight away but now, having reduced the paroxetine over the last few weeks I'm starting to feel desperation creeping back. I don't want to go there again EVER, and I don't want to try a new medication cause quite frankly the side effects are unbearable.

Lauz Lea, I don't know if this will help but when I was on 30mg of Mirtazapine, I was getting obsessive thoughts (something I had never encountered before) so went down to 15mg on New Year's Day. Literally within days, the thoughts stopped.

Hi Lauz Lea - personally I would come off mirtazapine 15mg for 3 weeks and 30mg for 3 weeks - did nothing for depression - felt worse - as for helping anxiety had to take lorazepam?? Had morbid thoughts too - restartng Prozac now - worked well before - prefer SSRIs imo anyway. Good Luck Laura x

The meds gave me the depersonalisation/derealisation!!!

Silly question guys but what is 'depersonalisation'? What are symptoms?

Dear Lauz I'm sorry that the mirtazapine has not worked out for you. I have withdrawn from it twice and gone back on it twice. I had very bad withdrawal symptoms which I won't go into detail here but if you go back you will find them. That is the thing I most fear is coming off them. I can do something about the weight gain. I'm beginning think it is the lithium that keeps me on an even keel. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. EJ

You guys are great an I really appreciate your replies.

Laura - how long have you been off mirt and how long before the emptyness went away? I know you're on fluoxetine but did it go fairly soon?

Mono - depersonalisation is pretty horrible, its the thing I hate the most. You generally feel disconnected from yourself and those around you and everything feels a bit 2D - like you're watching it all on the TV but not feeling or connecting with any of it. When I've suffered with this in the past I also don't recognise my own reflection in the mirror. I know its me, but its like I'm looking at a stranger.

Stormsky - what have you found helps you best since being off meds?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information