Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Stop & How (after 4 weeks at 15mg)

Re: Should I Stop & How (after 4 weeks at 15mg)

I take Jarrows B Right Vits... a high quality strength vit b complex...
    drink lots water if you can too.... But the biggest thing you have to do, is POSITIVE thought statements...mine are automatic now, i dont have to try and come up with one...as soon as i get any sympton or negatives thoughts, i automatically have positive statements that just pop in... I distract myself by doing anything , cleaning, ironing...whatever it takes.... but to be honest although i have bad and good days, even the bad days are only say a couple of negative things in a day, i dont feel bad all day....but thats because the positive statements work.... i mean we've been telling ourselves we are ill, we are losing it, we wont ever be better, believing the scary stuff... and how does that make us feel?? yes rubbish, and we get panic.... so it stands to reason if i tell myself, i am happy, its just anx, theres nothing wrong with me, i am calm, i goiing to have a great day...then i get the feelings that those thoughts bring!!! simple, but hard i know!!!! even when your mind answers back and says 'yer right who you fooling' i just again ignore that and keep with the positives!!

Well, last night I decided to go back to 10mg of paroxetine (rightly or wrongly I don't know) and I felt myself again within a couple of hours and I feel a little better today.

Maybe I should take the paroxetine in the morning, I'm not sure. I've been reading some useful posts/threads on PaxilProgress (a website I usually avoid) and read that "reinstatement" of paroxetine, after being off it for some time, can take around 4 months and I've been back on it for 10 weeks now. It's just so hard to know what to do when you feel so low/numb.

Glad your feeling a bit better, maybe its worth having a telephone consultation with your doc x x

hi girls I to have just had a phone consutation as I was so bad yesterday and woke this morning at 4 I to 2 2mg of diazipam then kept waking in a panic so I took a 10mg of cit. I got up about 10 and was shaking and retching so rang my gp and she rang back and has told me to take 20mg of cit as 10mg is not a thereputic dose and also I have taken 40mg of propranolol as she said the diazipam can be addictive and i have been on it a bit of a time.

I have promised my daughter I would go into town with her and really dont feel up to it.

Nicola how are you this morning?

I am so glad sue you are feeling a little better. Lets hope we start feeling normal.

My gp gave me a number so I rang and he gave me 3 organizations ie group theropy and phone help in my area so hopfully that will help me.

Cathy xx

Hi lauz so glad you are feeling a bit better today you must have done the right thing with the meds .

i know it is hard to know what to do for the best, but if taking the paroxatine has made you feel better, it's worth a try.

hope you have a better day xx

Hi Lauz - pleased to see you are feeling better. It might not be such a bad idea to stay on the Paroxetine until you are fully back in the work routine. Then when you are back on an even keel so to speak, you can decide what to do re meds. Take care.

Belle x

Hi Everyone, thanks for your continued support. Well, today was a better day, so maybe it was the reduction of paroxetine that made me feel so rotten. I got really stuck into things at work and was actually almost disappointed when it was time to go. I didn't have any anxiety today, just the morning jitters and an odd uncomfortable fear that I was going to jump infront of the train on the journey to and from work - NOT an urge, just a fear that I would, but I've had this before (without the meds) so I know it JUST A THOUGHT.

I may try taking the paroxetine in the morning instead of the evening, so may take 5mg tonight and 5mg tomorrow morning and take it from there.

I felt more connected today and for the majority of the time at work completely forgot how bad I've been feeling - long may it last.

So pleased you've had a good day x x

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Are you still taking the mirt aswel? X x

Im so glad you seem to have had a 'normal' day Lauz....how scary to keep swapping and changing your dose,only to feel worse.....
    my doc suggested I up my dose of fluox to 40mg....but I said no thanks....dont want to rock the boat.Ive been for another pub lunch this week and Im out tomorrow night to a friends 40th....oh please let me enjoy myself and not sit in the corner getting slowly leathered.....
    I want to have a laugh and maybe even dance (which I only really do if im drunk anyway) there,s loads of my old school friends going,im rather excited!!!

Hope you enjoy yourself sickandtired. Let us know how it went

Belle x

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information